Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir-1B on Contax 167MT: no go!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Mir-1B on Contax 167MT: no go! Reply with quote

Few weeks ago I bought on eBay one Mir-1B to use it with EOS-3 and 167MT. Yesterday I chose it with the 167MT, the 50/1.7 Contax and the CZJ 135/3.5 for a photo trip in Venice but bad surprise: contax mirror interferes with the rear of the lens. By luck I was able to disengage the mirror but now I know that the couple 167MT - Mir-1B is not a good one. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your disappointing finding.
The register distance difference between Contax/Yashica and M42 is smaller than that between EOS and M42.
Therefore, the lenses that are safe on EOS cameras may not be safe on Contax cameras.

In addition to that, I think that the MIR-1B also has problems with the full frame5D, although I have not tried yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't still tested the Mir-1B on the EOS 3, but I read of people that use this lens with EOS 30, so I hope that it will be ok also for EOS 3, otherwise I will sell it. It would be a pity; the smoothness of the blade movement is so gorgeous!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anbe wrote:
I haven't still tested the Mir-1B on the EOS 3, but I read of people that use this lens with EOS 30, so I hope that it will be ok also for EOS 3

Unfortunately, there is no consistency in EOS full frame cameras with regards to mirror size Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
In addition to that, I think that the MIR-1B also has problems with the full frame5D, although I have not tried yet.

I've heard it can't be used on the 5D so be careful if you try Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naplam wrote:
Orio wrote:

I've heard it can't be used on the 5D so be careful if you try Wink

Yes, that's right! Do not try that, Orio!
I've bought my mint MIR-1B copy from a guy who just sold it, because he couldn't use it at his 5D!

He wouldn't have sold a virtually new MIR-1B if he could have found a way to use it...

I've got several lenses in mint condition, but I think my MIR-1B is in better condition than any other lens I've got (perhaps except my Tokina 12-24).