Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 100mm f2.5 MC Tele Rokkor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 100mm f2.5 MC Tele Rokkor Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila
I hope you have a season pass to that zoo - you almost live there (as I would do if we had one nearby). Nice shots, but the lens looks a bit soft to me, especially in the corners?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I have season pass Smile ISO400-800, behind glass... I can't really judge on this lens. I guess I can make good test shoots again at spring only.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to comment about the very low contrast for an MC lens... but now that I learn that the pictures were taken through a glass window, it is easily explained.
Yes, need to see photos taken in different conditions. You don't need to wait for the springtime though, with all the many beautiful views you have available in Budapest.
For instance, why not go photograph your beautiful Opera house, that you showed me? Great piece of contemporary architecture.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like to take photos from buildings. I like nature, animals , portraits but not from architecture. Some times I do it , but doesn't make me happy, anyway I guess I will follow your advice and perhaps I will make some shoots.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through regular window glass? That's worse than using the bottom of a bottle. Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile yes, throw regular window glass.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what happens when you try to shoot through glass with an AF lens! Laughing

Last edited by peterqd on Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Nice sharp glass Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Actually, I like it!! Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Laughing
Actually, I like it!! Embarassed

Me too...
The problem with the autofocus is that it takes it's own decissions....

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's a much more appealing picture than the one I was trying to take. On the other side of the glass is a construction project on a beachfront in Hong Kong Smile