Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Tele Rokkor QD 135 f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor QD 135 f3.5 Reply with quote

I already bought my lens for the month, but I raided my change jar for this one.This was too good of a deal to pass up.
It's in mint condition.The prices on these haven't taken off, like they have for the early PF 135 f2.8 lenses.
I will test it when I get it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tut tut, Walter. Smile Still, I can't blame you. It looks a very nice package with the case and the hood. I'm sure you'll forgive yourself as soon as you try it. These are some pics I took with that very same lens:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for the lens!!!!!!!!! MC I?

Peter. Beauty pics. Natural rendering.

Rino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first pics with the girls laughing in the background is fabulous! Well observed Peter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peter. I had to have his lens, it was calling my name. Very Happy Nice shots I'm looking foward to shooting with this one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Congrats for the lens!!!!!!!!! MC I?

Peter. Beauty pics. Natural rendering.

Rino

Yes, Rino it is the 1966 MC1 version. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.Walter. Excuse me. You aren't Peter. Embarassed

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, No, I can't be tempted unless I see one going for peanuts as I already have Canon, Meyer, CZJ, super Tak, vivitar, Hexanon. Yashica ML....135mms Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
No, No, I can't be tempted unless I see one going for peanuts as I already have Canon, Meyer, CZJ, super Tak, vivitar, Hexanon. Yashica ML....135mms Wink

Not as cheap as I normally buy my lenses. This one was USD $15 + $10.45 shipping, but the condition warrants spending extra. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it today. It looks every bit as good as the posting pic. Sadly the appeture blades are covered in oil. Crying or Very sad It still works, but it might lock up with use.The description was very acurate, except for the oil. I'm guessing the seller forgot to check it stopped down. When I got it, it was wide open.

Didn't have much time to try it, but heres a quickie. Smile
Some PP and standard sharpening. Shot at f3.5.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keeping it he's refunding me $5 off of the price.It would be too hard to find another in this condition.I will keep using it till it gets worse then fix it. Smile
If I get home in time tomorrow I will post better pictures taken with the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple more shots at 3.5. This getting dark early is really messing with my shooting time. Sad Can't say I'm really nailing the shots either. Low light and a breeze is not ideal shooting conditions. Laughing
Shots deleted.

Last edited by walter g on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something special about the colour red that makes focussing difficult, if not impossible. Not sure if it's a sensor issue or in the human eye/brain (maybe it's just in my eye), but the colour always looks kind of smudged. Perhaps someone more knowledgable will explain. The green leaves, on the other hand, look as though they would be very sharp if the focus was abosulutely nailed. Did you use a tripod Walter?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, and I should of. I really need to invest in a better tripod also., and a viewfinder magnifier. There is movement in the shots, and or slight missfocus.
I have one that's slightly better but I still don't think I quite nailed it.The Camelias are just starting to bloom so I have plenty of time for retakes.
Hydrangea blooming in November. Shocked
Shots Deleted.

Last edited by walter g on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
No, and I should of. I really need to invest in a better tripod also., and a viewfinder magnifier. There is movement in the shots, and or slight missfocus.
I have one that's slightly better but I still don't think I quite nailed it.The Camelias are just starting to bloom so I have plenty of time for retakes.

My first reaction to the red shots, before I thought of the previous message, was to say you can do better than this Walter, and so can the lens. The last two shots make me want to say it again.

We have a couple of Hydrangeas in bloom too. Amazing isn't it? I've normally pruned it by this time of year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
walter g wrote:

My first reaction to the red shots, before I thought of the previous message, was to say you can do better than this Walter, and so can the lens. The last two shots make me want to say it again.

We have a couple of Hydrangeas in bloom too. Amazing isn't it? I've normally pruned it by this time of year.

Hopefully I will get the chance to reshoot the shots later today, and your right I can do better, and so can the lens. Smile I will try to shoot them earlier so I don't need to use a longer shutter speed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no reason to leave the earlier shots posted so I deleted them.
This Camelia shot is at f3.5 ISO 400 at 1/350s, with tripod, and standard sharpening.. A slight breeze was blowing. I tried to catch it in between. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think you need to get a NEX or Samsung NX then you will really see your Minoltas shine. The 10D is a poor camera as far as sharpness is concerned, when I upgraded from 10D to NEX I was amazed at the leap in sharpness I saw with lenses I was already familiar with.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, the 10D is fine as far as sharpness goes. I had no issues with it whatsoever, or the 300D that used the same sensor. Many of your early images were plagued by mis-focusing, which perhaps come down to the size of the viewfinder compared to that of the large LCD screen on the Nex?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the 10D isn't very sharp, even when in focus, it's obvious when comparing pics to results from other cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent the last few minutes trying to determine where the problems lies. The upload seems fine,it's not the camera, I used a tripod,could be my vision.
Then I compared the original to the resized version. It's the blankety blank blank, resizing software. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've switched to one of my other resizing programs. Please compare the last shot with this one. They are the same exact shot. I just used different resizing software. Hopefully this solved the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharpening program Isn't working right either. I will be posting a few pics with different software, then i will delete off the extras. I need to see the way they post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same angle, but shot at f8. Processed with FastStone.