Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MF Nikkors on 5D or 40D...FF or crop bod?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: MF Nikkors on 5D or 40D...FF or crop bod? Reply with quote

Canon 5D owners have me convinced that I'd be won over to the image quality of full frame (not quantitatively greater IQ but its qualitative nature, if that makes any sense)...But...I can't help but wonder about the comments made about avoid using "cheap" glass on the 5D....but I'd like to know if anyone has had Nikkor experience on the 5D...

I find that my MF Nikkors work great on my 10D...incredible IQ...with 40yrs of MF behind me I have no prob focusing on the 10D and love the color rendition I get from those Nikkors on the EOS...

But...the crop bod cuts off the edges of that glass...as it does with "cheaper than L glass" lenses...so maybe I should count my blessings and stick with the crop bod...like the 40D?

Thank you in advance for your replies...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfkita

The samples I have seen on other Canon forums suggest that the top nikkors will do just fine on the Canon 5D. Personally I am waiting to see what they will do on the new D3 (and D300 that I hope to get in the coming months).

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: MF Nikkors on 5D or 40D...FF or crop bod? Reply with quote

mfkita wrote:
I'd like to know if anyone has had Nikkor experience on the 5D...

I have the 5D and a dozen Nikkor lenses mostly of pre-AI type. I can use them no problem on the 5D and work great, but I had to grind a couple of them (such as the 28mm f/2) in order to allow clearance of the 5D mirror.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: MF Nikkors on 5D or 40D...FF or crop bod? Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
mfkita wrote:
I'd like to know if anyone has had Nikkor experience on the 5D...

I have the 5D and a dozen Nikkor lenses mostly of pre-AI type. I can use them no problem on the 5D and work great, but I had to grind a couple of them (such as the 28mm f/2) in order to allow clearance of the 5D mirror.

ORIO...I find the D300 more camera than I need...in size and technology...the Canon seems simpler to this brain...

Thanx...btw...you can remove the rear baffle as I did on my 24...you don't need to grind down that offending protrusion...
Now just need patience for the 6D to come out...I hoping the 5D $$$ will drop to the 40D range then...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you again ! I am glad you returned back!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice to see you again ! I am glad you returned back!

My wife and I completely enjoyed Budapest last Xmas...her family history goes back there and we were happy to see her family name around town...perhaps we will return (we want to teach there or in Prague)...if so perhaps we can meet...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this is cool news ! Let me know when you are here we will celebrate an MF meeting with Iha. Surprised