Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Oreston 50mm/f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Meyer Oreston 50mm/f1.8 Reply with quote

Not my favorite lens, but took it today for a spin and wasn't disappointed. Its biggest advantage is relatively high speed combined with close focusing. It gets you to 1:4 on its own without any extension tubes. Now that there are flowers everywhere and the pocket space shrinks, this lens makes more and more sense as it can do double duty. All shots with E-PL1.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp shots...this lens is a good starting lens, but for me I have moved up to slightly better nifty fifty's that I have bought cheap.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good lens really, people not respect only due low price , nice series I love them all!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila and Excalibur. Yeah the lens is really a good lens, it's a tough life being a 50 since there are so many excellent rivals.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Meyer is better overall compared to my CZJ Tessar which is poor at close up shots.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me as though it holds its own - and I must admit some surprise at that

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look excellent