Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Goerlitz new lens(es)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be nice if they optimize the Samyang 85mm F1.4 with metal housing and accurate infinity...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It will be nice if they optimize the Samyang 85mm F1.4 with metal housing and accurate infinity...

Yes, the Samyang lenses could need optimization Smile
My 14mm Samyang is dead at the moment, I could not adjust it well enough at the moment to work with it again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no new designs, just rebranding other lenses. Confused

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:

Yes, I hope to get more information what is modified in the new Meyer Goerlitz lenses.

But I feel disappointed - wrong marketing from my point of view. It would have been better to tell the truth from beginning, and not as a reaction. And better not call the modified Helios 40 lens "Made in Germany" - this results in bad feelings.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it really made in Germany or made in China? I don't think Biotar optics with German assembly, lube, and housing is such a bad idea.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
Mark wrote:

Yes, I hope to get more information what is modified in the new Meyer Goerlitz lenses.

But I feel disappointed - wrong marketing from my point of view. It would have been better to tell the truth from beginning, and not as a reaction. And better not call the modified Helios 40 lens "Made in Germany" - this results in bad feelings.

Cannot more than agree, making customers feels like being cheated on was never a clever marketing idea and never paid off Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
So is it really made in Germany or made in China? I don't think Biotar optics with German assembly, lube, and housing is such a bad idea.

Somnium: optics from Russian (Zenit)

Figmentum: optics from China (Zhongyi Optics (Mitakon))

Both Assembled in Germany.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are pictures taken with the prototypes shown at Photokina.

Meyer-Optik Görlitz 85mm f/1.4 Somnium © Raffaele Horstmann

Click to enlarge

Meyer-Optik Görlitz 80mm f/1.8 Figmentum (on Nikon D700) © Firat Bagdu

Click to enlarge

Since early November the 80mm f/1.8 Figmentum has become the 85mm f/2 Figmentum.

The price of the 85mm f/2 Figmentum is €599 whereas that of the 80mm f/1.8 Figmentum was €849.

A third Meyer-Optik Görlitz lens was simultaneously announced: the 35mm f/2 Figmentum (€599 too).

Made in Germany: Meyer-Optik-Görlitz Objektive auf Deutschland-Tour 2014 - Products - News - Globell B.V.

It so happens that these two Meyer-Optik Görlitz Figmentums are rebadged Mitakons Shocked

Meyer-Optik Görlitz 85 mm f/2 Figmentum (€599, left) vs. Zhongyi Mitakon 85 mm f/2 Creator ($199, right):

Meyer-Optik Görlitz 35 mm f/2 Figmentum (€599, left) vs. Zhongyi Mitakon 35 mm f/2 Creator ($199, right):

"Made in Germany", they said... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A figmentum of someone's imaginationum?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they made these lenses available in M42 or Exakta mounts - I wouldn't care less where they came from. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
A figmentum of someone's imaginationum?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
If they made these lenses available in M42 or Exakta mounts - I wouldn't care less where they came from. Laughing

They are available in M42 mount, all of them: the Somnium, the two Figmentums, the Helios-40-2 and the two Mitakons.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistral75 wrote:
Mos6502 wrote:

They are available in M42 mount, all of them: the Somnium, the two Figmentums, the Helios-40-2 and the two Mitakons.

The Mitakon site makes no mention of M42 mounts. But if "meyer" releases them in M42 that'd be interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the new Meyer Goerlitz company plans to produce a Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 - like the old well known lens Smile
http://www.meyer-optik-goerlitz.de/de/trioplan-f28-100-mm/
Seems they do not have an English version at the moment.

I am very happy to have my old one, and some other lenses which give me this effect, like the Diaplan / Pentacon AV projection lenses that I have discovered as a good copy.

Lets see what happens Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trioplan is a natural for re-creation.
It should be very simple and cheap to make.
I am surprised its not popped up from Korea or China yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a crippled ones are easily to be sold on Ebay for more than €200, sooner or later pretty much reaching Biotar 75 prize level. I wonder whether or not the prize drops when first new-age Trioplans possibly occur in auction - most probably they don't (see Helios 40 x 40-2 example).

Less than one year ago I bought Trioplan 100 for €201 in weak auction, although still not the lowest possible in that time. Now you'd have to run the lens over with a tank or invite all kinds of fungus inside the optics to buy/sell it for similar money Laughing

That's pretty lovely result for lens in 90s, I believe, nobody paid attention to.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Trioplan 100 has a very strong demand - for a very simple lens.
Even pure AF photographers bought a Trioplan as their first manual lens after seeing some pictures Smile

Since ~two years I started to think someone will start a kickstarter campain to build new Trioplan lenses - and it was one of the first questions to the new Meyer Görlitz wheter they will start to build a new Trioplan. But they disappointet many photographers only optimizing some existing lenses. Now they claim to sell those Mitakon and Helios lenses well, and want to start to sell a new designed Trioplan - very close to the original Trioplan 100 - this summer.

I think they will not take the Nikon 105mm Defocus Control Nikkor and change the housing a bit Wink
So it is likely that the new Trioplan 100 is the first realy new Meyer lens.

Let´s see what happens, and how the new lens will look like and perform.