Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Ennagon 2.8/85 - °Flowers°
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: MC Ennagon 2.8/85 - °Flowers° Reply with quote

Hi!

Some more shots with my home made MC Ennagon 2.8/85:

Remember, this lens was built to be used in a slide projector!
This is what this set-up looks like:

The home-made lens is almost finished. It just needs some length adjustment to focus on infinity. I have glued a UV-filter glass inside the taking tube (rear end) to prevent dust and specks of paint falling into the camera body. This changed the ability to focus on infinity. I now have to shorten the lens tube a little...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful pictures!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: MC Ennagon 2.8/85 - °Flowers° Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Imagine "Carstenex" or "Carstenion" or "Carstion"... no, no, no!

Carsten, did you have this lens is mind when you made up these names? "Ennagon" doesn't do it justice - you ought to add a finishing touch and rename it. And then perhaps open a bottle of champers to launch it with! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! nice.

That looks like a very interesting project!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Carsten, all of three are just excellent! I could not pick a favorite. Composition, choice of DOF... all very good.

Out of curiosity, did you add a soft filter in post-pro to n.3, or is that pure bokeh?
Because if it's only bokeh, then I would say it's one of the best bokeh I ever saw from modern day lenses.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the feeling/flavor of the 3rd pic, but all are good!

BTW, good job with lens, looks right spiffy! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating colours and DOF - little pieces of art. I think 1 and 3 printed very huge would be looking very good on a white wall...

Michael

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, my friends!

@Peter: The champagne is no bad idea, although think I would rather choose a good single malt! Wink

@TDN: More about it here: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=748

@Orio: No, no filter, just f2.8 of a projector lens. Wink Not very pleasant highlight bokeh (as you can see in #2) but very nice "softness" elsewhere... Wink

@Bill: I agree, I also think that #3 is my favourite.

@Attila and Michael: Thanks! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Thanks a lot, my friends!

@Peter: The champagne is no bad idea, although think I would rather choose a good single malt! Wink

@TDN: More about it here: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=748

@Orio: No, no filter, just f2.8 of a projector lens. Wink Not very pleasant highlight bokeh (as you can see in #2) but very nice "softness" elsewhere... Wink

@Bill: I agree, I also think that #3 is my favourite.

@Attila and Michael: Thanks! Very Happy

Yes #3 is my favorite also and I agree on the Single Malt.

Jules