Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual Focus Lens with the Dreamiest Watercolor Bokeh?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humbleglory wrote:
I vote for Canon Dream Lens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
A selling point of the "revived" Meyer Optik Lydith 30mm in 2017 was it's "painterly bokeh", or some such marketing blurb … an original screw-fit version from the '60's can be found for a tenth of the price, or somewhat less than that in my case!

If you want/need the close-focus capability of the newer version, a set of 42-screw extension tubes can be found for pennies Wink

I see the Lydith was "re-revived" and re-launched again last August … if you've got the cash Wink

Pentacon version:
Street by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Humbleglory wrote:

Thanks DigiChromeEd!

I tried using bbcode and the "insert picture" function but they didn't work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Trioplan 100 and 50.

Yes, very nice bokeh.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Humbleglory wrote:

It does have a very nice bokeh, but the price seems a bit steep for my pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the dream lens is expensive, but it is unmatched in what it does to the bokeh, shut there are some other faster than f1 lenses out there but IMO they have a more modern (boring) rendering.
I was looking for one but I don't have disposable income like I used to, so I ended up getting the slower sibling, the 50/1.2, it's nice, but still not as magical.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Yes the dream lens is expensive, but it is unmatched in what it does to the bokeh, shut there are some other faster than f1 lenses out there but IMO they have a more modern (boring) rendering.
I was looking for one but I don't have disposable income like I used to, so I ended up getting the slower sibling, the 50/1.2, it's nice, but still not as magical.

Yes, it's expensive although, unlike Biotar 75mm, the dream lens' price has been relatively stable over the past few years.

The 2nd lens I would vote for is Noct Nikkor. Despite its "overhyped", "overpriced" and "overrated" reputations, the bokeh it produces is pleasantly soft and smooth.

Untitled by Humble Glory, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind and take another look at the lens...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humbleglory wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

Yes, it's expensive although, unlike Biotar 75mm, the dream lens' price has been relatively stable over the past few years.

The 2nd lens I would vote for is Noct Nikkor. Despite its "overhyped", "overpriced" and "overrated" reputations, the bokeh it produces is pleasantly soft and smooth.

Untitled by Humble Glory, on Flickr

That's really beautiful. Thank you for the suggestion! I'll do more research on it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kymarto wrote:
Subjective indeed. The dreamiest is ....

That's for starters, plenty more that could go on the list.

Wow!!! Like 1