Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor CS 2.8/21mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I'm a new user here and I came on business. I had a story with one very rare lens, it's Hexanon 21mm f/:2.8mm, which I found in Ukraine. Having bought it, I shot my creative project for several years. At one point, I decided to sell it and I managed to do it in my city of Kharkiv. Half a year later, I regretted what I had done and started looking for an alternative and it was hard because I need something small and not heavy, the body should have a code index counter up to ISO 3200, exposure measurement. And with such parameters, there are not so many offers on the market. And for about 4 years I've been looking for a replacement and yesterday a new lens came to me. This is sekor cs 21mm f/:2.8 but what was my surprise that it would not fit other Mamiya cameras among zm quartz.
I saw that this was not the case. And it made me sad. Now I have to dress up to look for something else. I wouldn't want to remake this lens because it's very rare and it's not even on EBay. My lens has the serial number 10578 original covers and it is in a new condition with a gold quality control sticker. I am ready to consider the proposals.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm a new user here and I came on business. I had a story with one very rare lens, it's Hexanon 21mm f/:2.8mm, which I found in Ukraine. Having bought it, I shot my creative project for several years. At one point, I decided to sell it and I managed to do it in my city of Kharkiv. Half a year later, I regretted what I had done and started looking for an alternative and it was hard because I need something small and not heavy, the body should have a code index counter up to ISO 3200, exposure measurement. And with such parameters, there are not so many offers on the market. And for about 4 years I've been looking for a replacement and yesterday a new lens came to me. This is sekor cs 21mm f/:2.8 but what was my surprise that it would not fit other Mamiya cameras among zm quartz.
I saw that this was not the case. And it made me sad. Now I have to dress up to look for something else. I wouldn't want to remake this lens because it's very rare and it's not even on EBay. My lens has the serial number 10578 original covers and it is in a new condition with a gold quality control sticker. I am ready to consider the proposals.

Do you want to adapt to Sony E mount? I that case, there's an adapter: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203613395189?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=yYE3BMHATHy&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=ef2s92fIRv6&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information, I didn't know what it was. But I'm shooting on 35mm film.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion wrote:
Thank you for the information, I didn't know what it was. But I'm shooting on 35mm film.

You could look for the fitting camera body, like a NC1000, they should be pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Dion wrote:

You could look for the fitting camera body, like a NC1000, they should be pretty cheap.

That's right. They really stand, but the shutter speed setting is placed in a rather unusual place for me, as well as the arrow aperture indicator I am also not very satisfied with it, when I make frames, I set the iso 1600-3200 to then show hp5 with the push process. In this camera, as I understood, there is no possibility to install ISO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm a new user here and I came on business. I had a story with one very rare lens, it's Hexanon 21mm f/:2.8mm, which I found in Ukraine. Having bought it, I shot my creative project for several years. At one point, I decided to sell it and I managed to do it in my city of Kharkiv.

That's a nice little 21mm lens - it took me quite a while to get one at a reasonable price ... However there are other quite common small lenses such as the Ai Nikkor 3.5/20mm which are as small and have a better berformance (I wouldn't recommend the Olympus 3.5/21mm, at least not for landscapes, though). Nikkor AiS 2.8/20mm is quite small and easily availble too, and Minoltas MD 2.8/20mm is both very small and a very good performer (for a vintage superwide lens).

Dion wrote:
Half a year later, I regretted what I had done and started looking for an alternative and it was hard because I need something small and not heavy, the body should have a code index counter up to ISO 3200, exposure measurement. And with such parameters, there are not so many offers on the market. And for about 4 years I've been looking for a replacement and yesterday a new lens came to me. This is Sekor CS 21mm f/:2.8

Congratulations - that's a quite rare lens indeed, and probably less than thousand samples were ever made (highest SN I'm aware of is in the 600 range, my own is 10110).

Dion wrote:
but what was my surprise that it would not fit other Mamiya cameras among zm quartz.
I saw that this was not the case. And it made me sad. Now I have to dress up to look for something else. ... I am ready to consider the proposals.

You can mount and use the CS 2.8/21mm on the Mamiya ZM (and ZE-X), but the aperture will remain open. And the lens is turned by 90°, so the distance scales are on the right side of the lens instead of on the top!

The better option for you would be the Mamiya ZE-2. With this camera you can use the entire aperture range of your CS 2.8/21mm from f2.8 to f 16 (but there's no open aperture metering!!). The ZE-2 has Auto Exposure (AE), and AE +/- override (2 EV), and a manual mode from 1s to 1/1000s plus a mechanical X (1/90s) and B. In addition, as requested by you, the ISO / ASA goes from 12 ISO to 3200 ISO. It's a small and lightweight no-frills SLR which I have been using for years in highschool, for shooting girls Wink. All the other Sekor E lenses (which allow for open aperture measuring of course) are available for next to nothing. There is some reliable information about these lenses on my website (http://www.artaphot.ch/mamiya/e-ef-lenses) - I have used them all myself. My favourites were the Sekor EF 1.4/50mm, the E 3.5/50mm Macro and the E 3.8/80-200mm.

If you have additional questions just ask!

S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Dion wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm a new user here and I came on business. I had a story with one very rare lens, it's Hexanon 21mm f/:2.8mm, which I found in Ukraine. Having bought it, I shot my creative project for several years. At one point, I decided to sell it and I managed to do it in my city of Kharkiv.

That's a nice little 21mm lens - it took me quite a while to get one at a reasonable price ... However there are other quite common small lenses such as the Ai Nikkor 3.5/20mm which are as small and have a better berformance (I wouldn't recommend the Olympus 3.5/21mm, at least not for landscapes, though). Nikkor AiS 2.8/20mm is quite small and easily availble too, and Minoltas MD 2.8/20mm is both very small and a very good performer (for a vintage superwide lens).

Dion wrote:
Half a year later, I regretted what I had done and started looking for an alternative and it was hard because I need something small and not heavy, the body should have a code index counter up to ISO 3200, exposure measurement. And with such parameters, there are not so many offers on the market. And for about 4 years I've been looking for a replacement and yesterday a new lens came to me. This is Sekor CS 21mm f/:2.8

Congratulations - that's a quite rare lens indeed, and probably less than thousand samples were ever made (highest SN I'm aware of is in the 600 range, my own is 10110).

Dion wrote:
but what was my surprise that it would not fit other Mamiya cameras among zm quartz.
I saw that this was not the case. And it made me sad. Now I have to dress up to look for something else. ... I am ready to consider the proposals.

You can mount and use the CS 2.8/21mm on the Mamiya ZM (and ZE-X), but the aperture will remain open. And the lens is turned by 90°, so the distance scales are on the right side of the lens instead of on the top!

The better option for you would be the Mamiya ZE-2. With this camera you can use the entire aperture range of your CS 2.8/21mm from f2.8 to f 16 (but there's no open aperture metering!!). The ZE-2 has Auto Exposure (AE), and AE +/- override (2 EV), and a manual mode from 1s to 1/1000s plus a mechanical X (1/90s) and B. In addition, as requested by you, the ISO / ASA goes from 12 ISO to 3200 ISO. It's a small and lightweight no-frills SLR which I have been using for years in highschool, for shooting girls Wink. All the other Sekor E lenses (which allow for open aperture measuring of course) are available for next to nothing. There is some reliable information about these lenses on my website (http://www.artaphot.ch/mamiya/e-ef-lenses) - I have used them all myself. My favourites were the Sekor EF 1.4/50mm, the E 3.5/50mm Macro and the E 3.8/80-200mm.

If you have additional questions just ask!

S

Thank you very much for such an extended answer and information. I'll try to buy ze2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion wrote:

Thank you very much for such an extended answer and information. I'll try to buy ze2

I have several ZE-2 here, but first have to check if they are still working.
If they are OK, I can send you one for free (you are still in Ukraine?).

S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Dion wrote:

If they are OK, I can send you one for free (you are still in Ukraine?).

S

No, save God. I’m leaving in Wroclaw, Poland. Oh, that's very cool, I could pay for it if you have a copy in a state close to the new one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Dion wrote:

S

Oh, that's very cool, I could pay for it if you have a copy in a state close to the new one.

OK, I'll get the necessary batteries tomorrow; then I'll check my ZE-2 SLRs. Stay tuned Wink

S

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Dion wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Dion wrote:

S

Oh, that's very cool, I could pay for it if you have a copy in a state close to the new one.

OK, I'll get the necessary batteries tomorrow; then I'll check my ZE-2 SLRs. Stay tuned Wink

S

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Dion wrote:

S

Thank you!

I have checked my ZE-2 cameras; they are still working - PM me your adress; then I'll send you one.

S

EDIT: it's interesting that - after 40 years - these ZE/ZE-2/ZE-X cameras look much better than the corresponding Contax SLRs which nearly always have a disintegrated leathering!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Dion wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Dion wrote:

S

Thank you!

I have checked my ZE-2 cameras; they are still working - PM me your adress; then I'll send you one.

S

EDIT: it's interesting that - after 40 years - these ZE/ZE-2/ZE-X cameras look much better than the corresponding Contax SLRs which nearly always have a disintegrated leathering!

It really looks good! I had 2 Konica Autoreflex TC most likely they were the cheapest and their skin substitute was also in poor condition. By the way, when I used the FT-1 Motor, it was well assembled, but the power button sounded so bad, it seemed that the plastic would break before I turn it on. As far as I know, FT-1 Motor was the first camera that had auto-rewinding of the frame and could take 2 frames per second in the 83rd year! And it was controversial anyway, but I really liked it. But the weight also made itself felt for more than 6 hours on the shoulder was already hard.