Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro takumar 50/4(m42) preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Macro takumar 50/4(m42) preset Reply with quote

I bought this lens 2 weeks ago 40euro it performs very good

Last edited by dr.volkan on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal for great lens, as you have shown here!

Is it the unusual Macro-Takumar which focuses to 1:1 magnification? Or the Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar which goes to 1:2 magnification?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a steal at 40 Euros, it's a great lens, as your pictures show. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Good deal for great lens, as you have shown here!

Is it the unusual Macro-Takumar which focuses to 1:1 magnification? Or the Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar which goes to 1:2 magnification?

My takumar is only macro takumar 1:1
Hear is my lens it is like new no used sign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
That's a steal at 40 Euros, it's a great lens, as your pictures show. Like 1 small
Thank you you always write good things and this encourage me thanks again..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a beautiful lens, sadly it's not as solidly built as I expected, which is why I think they moved to 1:2 with future 50mm macro lenses, and I think all the other manufacturers reached the same conclusion, which is why 1:1 50mm lenses are a rare breed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, your lens has the SN of the Super Macro-Takumar 1:4/50mm in stead of the Macro-Takumar 1:4/50mm !
Cfr: http://kajiwara.weebly.com/index-et-prix-des-takumar.html

What is the product number on the A/M lever?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
It's a beautiful lens, sadly it's not as solidly built as I expected, which is why I think they moved to 1:2 with future 50mm macro lenses, and I think all the other manufacturers reached the same conclusion, which is why 1:1 50mm lenses are a rare breed.
do you have this lens it is solid as other m42 maybe better

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it and the S-M-C.
I've not had it apart, so it's possible that something could be loose.

Last edited by Lightshow on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the early pre set lens, S.N. 2612210, made from 1964 to 1966. And I think it's a very well made lens, typically Takumar; smooth as silk. I got lucky and bought it at a camera fair from a guy who hadn't got a clue what he was selling and bought the Tak' along with a nice zebra Jupiter 11 for £30. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 50mm f4macro x2 & 100mm f4 macro x2 in excellent condition and all 4 for sale,pm me if interested.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the owners have notice the aperture shape @f/8...for nice oof highlights sometimes!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
All the owners have notice the aperture shape @f/8...for nice oof highlights sometimes!
this clue is wonderful i usually use 5.6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Mine is the early pre set lens, S.N. 2612210, made from 1964 to 1966. And I think it's a very well made lens, typically Takumar; smooth as silk. I got lucky and bought it at a camera fair from a guy who hadn't got a clue what he was selling and bought the Tak' along with a nice zebra Jupiter 11 for £30. Mr. Green
exactly you gave the best information about prest macro 50/4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite macro 50. It is not flimsy in design. I think they changed it to 1:2 because of internal flare. On my a7 flare shows up close to 1:1.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
This is my favorite macro 50. It is not flimsy in design. I think they changed it to 1:2 because of internal flare. On my a7 flare shows up close to 1:1.
i wiil look for internal flare . Examples coming soon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some of my samples, the first one shows the flare issue at 1:1. Other than that it's a very capable lens with beautiful output.
Raw format, converted with Camera Raw.

[/url]

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20174/big_7206_DSC02664acr2scaleMFcrop_1.jpg]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good work especially no 7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I have it and the S-M-C.

On mine, I feel a some lash in the helicoid, I don't normally feel any in any of my Tak's.
I also feel/hear a transition between 10 and 9 inch when racking the focus, anyone else?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr.volkan wrote:
Very good work especially no 7

Yeah the sharpness really impressed me on that shot!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
I have it and the S-M-C.

On mine, I feel a some lash in the helicoid, I don't normally feel any in any of my Tak's.
I also feel/hear a transition between 10 and 9 inch when racking the focus, anyone else?

Mine has no lash or tight spots at all, it is probably the smoothest and best weighted focus of any lens I've got. Even at the bargain price I got it for my lens had some cosmetic problems that indicated it might have had a hard life - the paint finish on one side had been eaten away where the lens had been placed down in something corrosive to the paint - but I'd have still paid a lot more for it. And I have more of less fixed the bad paint. So it certainly wasn't a mint or even good copy, but optically and mechanically it was - despite a hard life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
I have it and the S-M-C.

Yes, both of mine are the same. Both had very little wear. I sold them, kept the S-M-C 100/4. Iirc, closer than 9-10" the magnification is into range between 1:2 and 1:1.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
I have it and the S-M-C.

Yes, both of mine are the same. Both had very little wear. I sold them, kept the S-M-C 100/4. Iirc, closer than 9-10" the magnification is into range between 1:2 and 1:1.

Thanks for confirming yours is like mine, I now don't have as big of a desire to open it up, the helicoid could be a challenge.

Edit, I spoke too soon, today the transition was between 8 & 9 inches, so I kept trying it, and it was slowly moving towards MFD... sigh.
Edit 2, now its back down between 8 & 9.... looks like I may be diving in after all...