Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro takumar 50/4(m42) preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing samples. I used to think I wanted to track this lens down, but I think I will stick with what I use now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
I have it and the S-M-C.
I've not had it apart, so it's possible that something could be loose.

On mine, I feel a some lash in the helicoid, I don't normally feel any in any of my Tak's.
I also feel/hear a transition between 10 and 9 inch when racking the focus, anyone else?

Yes, both of mine are the same. Both had very little wear. I sold them, kept the S-M-C 100/4. Iirc, closer than 9-10" the magnification is into range between 1:2 and 1:1.

Thanks for confirming yours is like mine, I now don't have as big of a desire to open it up, the helicoid could be a challenge.

Edit, I spoke too soon, today the transition was between 8 & 9 inches, so I kept trying it, and it was slowly moving towards MFD... sigh.
Edit 2, now its back down between 8 & 9.... looks like I may be diving in after all...

After remove name ring, screws surrounding front element, there are two sets of three screws, on some of my copies had loosened from much lens focusing, making action somewhat sloppy -- easy to check & tighten if necessary.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more shots of this lovely little lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just restored the cosmetic damage to my copy of this lens, what I thought was corrosion to the finish was actually something that had dried onto the surface like varnish, it took over 4 hours to painstakingly scrape the stuff off the lens body, and it's nearly mint now. So I hat to try it out in the garden. It's a great lens.