Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

m37 > m42 adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: m37 > m42 adapter Reply with quote

I know Asahi Optical did in fact make these early into the m42 transition. I also know they are extremely rare. I also know that Spotmatic has one Wink but does anyone else have one that would be willing to sell it or know how I might go about acquiring one? I know its a bit of a long shot bt I figured this might be the best place to ask. I would love to be able to use these m37 lenses on my Pentax digital and film bodies. so if anyone has any helpful info I would be very much in your debt.

Last edited by Séamuis on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that these people would make one for you

http://www.srb-griturn.com/index.asp

Ask them for a quote. If they've already made one for someone else they might have made a couple of spares and they might have one in stock !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask our member Alex (hk300) too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
I'm sure that these people would make one for you

http://www.srb-griturn.com/index.asp

Ask them for a quote. If they've already made one for someone else they might have made a couple of spares and they might have one in stock !

thank you. I will look into it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

will he likely have one? or will I be inquiring about having one made? could it possibly be cheaper having one made as opposed to locating one made by Pentax?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Séamuis wrote:
Attila wrote:

will he likely have one? or will I be inquiring about having one made? could it possibly be cheaper having one made as opposed to locating one made by Pentax?

No idea Alex can reach almost all sources in HK , a pm to him is free and you have good chance to get it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will certainly give it shot. thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some M37 to M42 conversion rings.
It will add a little thickness but will fit most M42 to xx adapters nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
I have some M37 to M42 conversion rings.
It will add a little thickness but will fit most M42 to xx adapters nicely.
how much thickness? will this make me loose infinity focus? because both m37 and m42 have the same register distance. I would love to get an adapter but not at the expense of infinity focus.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm also interested in the answer to that last question; I've recently come across a possible source of Asahiflex lenses, and it would be very useful to know whether this adapter would preserve infinity focus.

Thanks!

Jon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am finished my asahiflex adapter.

I will post some pics in a few hours.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that Alex used my original Asahiflex to M42 adapter to have copies machined. The original Asahiflex adapter also has some thickness (an outer flange) so it never went to infinity. You can modify Alex' copies though and file off the flange and then fix it with glue in another M42 to xx adapter. This should make most people happy Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for pics too, because of my recently won Asahi Kogaku Takumar 50/3.5. A comparison with other 50mm and the industar 50/3.5 would be very interesting Smile As I would need ohter accessories, I'll wait few days Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I await photos.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Waiting for pics too, because of my recently won Asahi Kogaku Takumar 50/3.5. A comparison with other 50mm and the industar 50/3.5 would be very interesting Smile As I would need ohter accessories, I'll wait few days Smile

if you are the one who got a 50 3.5 for 41 USD... all I can say is that you are lucky I ended up having things to do.... I was the first bidder on that lens, and unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to watch the auction.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm this guy Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have made some pics of the asahiflex lens installed on my 40d, and the adapter installed on the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody still make the M37 to M42 adapters? I am currently seeking one to use with a couple of M37 lenses.

Thanks for any help provided..

C.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex (hk300) sells them, they are made as the original M37/M42 adapter, so we dont have infinity (With my 135/3.5, I can almost have it at f/16, with the 58/2.4 it seems to focus at something like 5-10m)