Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lyman-Alpha I Experimental f2.8/200mm mirror lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Lyman-Alpha I Experimental f2.8/200mm mirror lens Reply with quote

Now this is the older sister of the Lyman-Apha II f1.1/90mm lens I have shown here before:
http://forum.mflenses.com/lyman-alpha-ii-experimental-f1-1-90mm-mirror-lens-t79880.html

Today about the Lyman-Alpha I Experimental f2.8/200mm mirror lens, which is much more "tamed"
than its funky sister, but still it allows for some "impressionistic" work:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real freaky.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the f1.1/90mm was designed for an image amplification system, hence its f1.1
speed. Usually they had (at that time) up to 25mm diameter; I measured about 32mm
image diameter.

This 2.8/200mm was made for up to 43mm image diameter, i.e. FF. This can be seen here,
by the rather even rendering of the BG that f2.8/200mm shows:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Real freaky.

Thanks Michael, indeed, a very unique drawing it has! Wink

Would you see how focus was originally adjusted, by putting ones fingers inside the lens (!!!)
to turn the spikes of the secondary mirror until sharp focus was reached, you would certainly
have said that, too! Now this has to be done only once as I have a back focus system now in
place... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully impressionistic indeed!

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
Beautifully impressionistic indeed!

Cheers!

Abbazz

Merci bien Sebastien! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote