Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Laura, my Eldest, the Anthropologist
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Laura, my Eldest, the Anthropologist Reply with quote

I was taking photos at the yearly World Village Festival in Helsinki when I unexpectedly bumped into my elder daughter and her fiancé, they both are anthropologists. Their headcloths are probably something she brought back two years ago from her two-month field trip to Malaysia, where she was studying the local peoples' attitudes concerning the design and construction of the Multimedia Super Corridor Malaysia (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimedia_Super_Corridor).

Hasty shots with Summicron 2/35 at f/5.6, mounted on an EOS 350D:

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Veijo, beautiful daughter and fascinating profession. Anthropology is one of the things I would have always liked to do, perhaps in a second life if such a chance does happen! Wink

Just LOVE the headcloth. I always did. I must get one for my fiancée somewhere.

Your daughter seems very happy to see you! She must love you very much, you can see it in her eyes.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, Veijo! The last shot reminds me of the late 60's, Haight-Ashbury scene,
San Francisco, or perhaps Woodstock, 1969! The fella is dressed abit too nicely, though.
The bandana of course, is dead center. I was in Kuala Lumpur area just once, and remember
seeing some women with this headcloth. My wife's people in NE Thailand don't wear this, and
it's interesting how customs, dress, differ, in a region.

Pretty girl, Veijo, and she has your eyes! Wink

Bill

Last edited by Katastrofo on Mon May 28, 2007 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shoots, I love the first one especially.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Congrats Veijo, beautiful daughter and fascinating profession.

Thanks.

Quote:
Your daughter seems very happy to see you! She must love you very much, you can see it in her eyes.

I suppose so Smile

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Great shots, Veijo!

Pretty girl, Veijo, and she has your eyes! Wink

Thanks. The shots came out better than I expected. At that range even a 35mm lens at f/5.6 doesn't have much DOF, and manual focusing with a 350D isn't any too easy when you are half blinded by the sunshine and in a hurry. In addition to these shots, I got only two really good ones and maybe half a dozen somewhat decent ones out of something like twenty. I'll post the good ones later on.

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great shoots, I love the first one especially.

Thanks, that's my favourite, too.

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing more, Veijo, great lens and the first pic is indeed a knockout!

Getting a lens of that quality will have to wait awhile, but you've convinced
me to look for those old, uncoated lenses! Smile

Bill