Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lake Garda (Sirmione): series preview
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Lake Garda (Sirmione): series preview Reply with quote

Today I've been to Lake Garda, in Sirmione to be precise. The plan was to go there with my woman but she was sick, so I told her "darling, you know that I will always be there for you, and next to you... but not today".
I packed my photo stuff and I left. The sunny day was too sumptuous to just let go. And almost 20°C !

I will have to get back to complete the series. Although it's the (I don't know) 10th time I go there, I was once again captured by the magic of the place, and did not shoot as much as I planned/wanted. Confused

This is a first preview, I will post more. Flektogon 4/20 (orange/black) on EOS 5D:

in case the image gets shrinked, here's the direct link:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/600/sirmioneflek4200518red1mj4.jpg

Yes, I know... according to the rules of composition, one should never place the subject in the middle blah blah blah...
Well... I don't give a **** Razz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me neither, Orio. Bloody cold rules made to prevent your feelings expand Smile. And this means kind of deat. I mean... if you don't FEEL when you push your finger on the shutter button... it's worthless. So, just keep going.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end part of the huge Roman villa (well, the remains of it) that is said to have belonged to poet Catullus (but probably not, since it's not likely that he had that much money).
Again Flek 4/20 on EOS 5D:

direct link:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3779/sirmioneflek4200608red1lx6.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romance amongst the olives Smile (Flek 4/20, 5D):

direct link:

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2939/sirmioneflek4200511red1ud6.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Just another Italian Sunday" Laughing
Carl Zeiss Jena 2.8/200 on EOS 400D:

direct link:

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/3548/sirmioneczj200288466jv0.jpg

I'm very happy of this one. Very Happy
I'm only angry for the tree at left, which gets in the way of my favorite bit of the image, but could not get rid of it so it has to stay Wink

I didn't have it in mind when I shot this, but it could really be my tribute to the great Jean Renoir.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zipp wrote:
I mean... if you don't FEEL when you push your finger on the shutter button... it's worthless.

I totally agree on this statement.

Besides, if Hokusai could do this (place a tree in the middle), why couldn't I? Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, Orio's Flek 4/20 shots! I like the villa ruins pic the best for the
vista! Just marvelous. In the first shot, is that smog I see in the distance?
Looks like some in the villa pic too, but not nearly as much.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katastrofo wrote:
Ah yes, Orio's Flek 4/20 shots! I like the villa ruins pic the best for the
vista! Just marvelous. In the first shot, is that smog I see in the distance?
Looks like some in the villa pic too, but not nearly as much.

Bill

It's haze, Bill. We are on a big lake and in a no-wind day, like it often happens here. In this part of Italy, haze is common during the winter.
Of course I can not exclude that there might be car smoke mixed to it - but the nearest big town in that direction is not so near, so I would definitely call this haze for most part.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing ! What a blue sky!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It's haze, Bill. We are on a big lake and in a no-wind day, like it often happens here. In this part of Italy, haze is common during the winter.
Of course I can not exclude that there might be car smoke mixed to it - but the nearest big town in that direction is not so near, so I would definitely call this haze for most part.

I should point out that it doesn't detract from the photos, I was merely
curious. After taking a 2nd look at your pics, my second favorite is
the tree-in-center shot.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lake Garda (Sirmione): series preview Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

in case the image gets shrinked, here's the direct link:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/600/sirmioneflek4200518red1mj4.jpg

Yes, I know... according to the rules of composition, one should never place the subject in the middle blah blah blah...
Well... I don't give a **** Razz

Fantastic shots!...The colours are great.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Lake Garda (Sirmione): series preview Reply with quote

DSG wrote:

Thanks DSG. The one thing that I love the most about the manual lenses that I use, is that I don't usually have to fight to get the colors I want. Most of the times, they come out of the camera already perfect. I have almost forgotten what the "saturation" command is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Lake Garda (Sirmione): series preview Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
DSG wrote:

Thanks DSG. The one thing that I love the most about the manual lenses that I use, is that I don't usually have to fight to get the colors I want. Most of the times, they come out of the camera already perfect. I have almost forgotten what the "saturation" command is.

Yes, true manual lenses has great colors , much mure than super plastic, ultra zoom ex,dx adfg-8895- buy it now lenses have.