Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica UC Hexanon AR 28mm F1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesmaker wrote:
Hello, I'm new here. I collect and I use old lenses. Especially Konica, Pentax (Takumars), Minolta.

3 Weeks ago I got one of these gems more or less accidently. I bought a two cameras together with 5 lenses. I was after the 57mm 1.4 and did not mention the 28mil f1.8 when I bought it. It was was not clear what lens it was from the photo, but it was a good deal anyway. When I opened up the box I found this lens and I was really happy as you can think. It is a fantastic lens! When I use it on a A7R with adapter you have a minimum distance of 8cm! I can not wait to shoot more pictures with it.

Excellent.
It is great when we get lucky sometimes.
Congratulations
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that the aperture blades are a little oily on every copy? It is not a big deal, because it works perfekt, but I can see a little amount of oil. It is the same with my 57mm 1.4 and my 50mm1.8 is also a little oily. Is it a Konica "feature"?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesmaker wrote:
Is it possible that the aperture blades are a little oily on every copy? It is not a big deal, because it works perfekt, but I can see a little amount of oil. It is the same with my 57mm 1.4 and my 50mm1.8 is also a little oily. Is it a Konica "feature"?

One does occasionally come across Hexanon lenses with oily blades, but probably no more often than other OEM lenses. I must have over 100 Hexanon lenses of all types, and among them only half a dozen or so have some oil on their aperture blades. So no, I don;t think there is such a Konica feature. On the other hand, some Hexanon lenses seem to pop up with this problem more often than others, and they include the UC 28/1.8. Of my half dozen or so, a couple are 50/1.7 standards of the later, compact version; the 35/2.0 (I've known of three over the years with this problem); and the UC 45-100 zoom.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mint sample of this lens- it is quite good. But- on a side-by-side test using a u43 camera, my Nikkor 28/2 was sharper. The latter is a 9 element lens with close-range-correction (CRC, floating element).

A good page on the Konica 28/1.8:

https://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e28_18.html

From this page, the Konica is an 8 element in 8 group, also floating element design.

I've not noticed oil on the aperture blades of my Konica lenses. It might be when the lens was made: the first AIs Nikkors that first came out had this problem, it was a particular type of new lubricant that was used.