Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica 135 F3.5 (The Wilkinson Sword) so sharp it cuts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

135mm f3.2 possible best from all Konica 135 , I like Konica 135 f2.5 too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the early version to the right in Rolf's image, very well built.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Mine is the early version to the right in Rolf's image, very well built.

Konica Hexanons are same good no matter earliest F or latest AE. On several lenses older are even better than newest for example 200mm f3.5 EE I think better than AE.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Wow that 135mm has some decent POP! Great lens!

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Had some disappointing experiences with the MLs though

Ian, I thought the conclusion was that you were focusing past infinity, and the MLs are actually very good lenses? No point bashing good lenses if the adapter or shooter is to blame Wink

Back to.Konica, I have the 40/1.8 and used it on the Nex to good effect, especially when used at f2.8.

Not knocking the MLs at all, just saying that my experiences with them have been mixed, that's not a criticism of the lenses, just reporting on my experiences with them thus far.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to dis in any way the konica, but nearly every decent 135 is pretty dang sharp at the sample distances.

Move out to 1/4 mile or more and it's a different story.

Those are hard tests though, because the atmosphere varies so much, you pretty much have to go head to head in identical conditions.

Here is my current preferred 135 (i have 6) in difficult conditions:

not as sharp as I would like, but this lens is supersharp at distances like the konica samples, and it beats my other 135s, except a huge soligor, in shots like this above.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm going to do a shootout with all my 135s soon and I have a bunch of them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Well, I'm going to do a shootout with all my 135s soon and I have a bunch of them.

please include long infinity shots Smile

They say "135s are easy to make" so there are lots of good ones.

Not for landscape IMHO---none of my 135s can match the tele-elmarit 90 (or tokina), the canon LTM 100/2 ( i suspect there are many fine 100s), or the nikon 180 ED for detail in long vistas.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have a lens or two that might surprise you, I have some odd ones to include.