Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Anastigmat Strangest vintage lens on a digital SLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Kodak Anastigmat Strangest vintage lens on a digital SLR Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arkku/864049949/in/set-72157594568114439/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veijo have you seen this one?

Look at the sample pictures... some are amazingly sharp!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Veijo have you seen this one?

I haven't seen this. I did once consider a construction like this but it is rather awkward in many respects.

Quote:
Look at the sample pictures... some are amazingly sharp!

They ought to be, the lens is a Kodak Anastigmat. Some of the VPKs had even focusable Cooke Anastigmats and Zeiss Tessars. There was a lot of choice, starting with our favourite, Meniscus Achromat. I've got a nice VPK with the Anastigmat, but it is in such a good shape that I haven't taken it apart. I've also got a Kodar lens from a later model VPK waiting for testing.

Veijo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VPKs go for cheap on ebay, maybe now they don't. Some of these are
superb, I especially like the macro shots.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gone for 18.5 Eur.- : Click here to see on Ebay but not for me Sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
VPKs go for cheap on ebay, maybe now they don't. Some of these are
superb, I especially like the macro shots.

Bill

There are lots of other Kodaks and other old cameras with similar lenses. Most VPKs on sale now have a Meniscus as the better lenses were relatively rare even originally. Once you move away from the Meniscus, almost any old lens will do well on a dSLR as you are using only a very small section from the center of the original MF or LF frame. There is no practical or IQ advantage in using a better VPK lens rather than any other lens of similar construction.

Veijo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:
This gave me an idea!!! I have an old Kodak Hawk-eye 116 camera with a torn bellows. Mount the lens to a T-mount adapter using black electrical tape (for now)... Add a PK-12 and PB-3... Focus is performed with the bellows. I just tossed this together tonight,

Here you go and once you get going... Shocked

Welcome to the club Smile

Veijo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Strangest vintage lens I've ever seen on a digital SLR.. Reply with quote

Puplet wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arkku/864049949/in/set-72157594568114439/

I have seen that before, since this guy is one of my Flickr contacts.

The advantage of this construction is that he still can use the original camera just by "mounting" a cap to the whole in the back.