Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KMZ Apo Telezenitar-M f2.8 135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: KMZ Apo Telezenitar-M f2.8 135mm Reply with quote

... and a walk to the park, shot on my Panasonic GH4 fully open

Honestly, I do have quite a few lenses as you may know by now and I'm a bit hard to please,
but this one, well, quite blew me away, had not expected such performance. A pleasure to use,
snappy focus, creamy bokeh, great color rendition and sharpness...hard to find a flaw, ok one,
it is not a true apochromat, but quite close to it.

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157697484621304

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm by far not Marek, but I tried at least to capture this pretty one...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a macro I quite like...(with the help of some added m42 helicoid as the CFD is 1.3m)

Last edited by kds315* on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is certainly one of the sharpest 135 at its time.... Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it has some quite nice bokeh (for my taste)...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and look at those colors and the great BG separation...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
This is certainly one of the sharpest 135 at its time.... Like 1 small

Cannot agree more (with the exception of the ERA-14 f2.8 135mm lens, but this was no regular photo lens)!

Last edited by kds315* on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome lens!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!, I think their prices are about to jump.....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really, really nice blur, kds. Congrats Like 1 .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's at f2.8.

yep that looks excellent.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few "non flower" images also shot fully open....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to paying way to much for this lens in 30yrs Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures taken with a remarkable lens, Klaus,

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
Great pictures taken with a remarkable lens, Klaus,

Cheers!

Abbazz

Thank you Sebastien! If I remember correctly some years ago you made a test between this one and the 2.5/125mm Apo Lanthar. Would you mind repeating your findings about this lens here?

Merci bien!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos here!

As you know, my one didn't really impressed me (but still I found it to be a very good lens). But your photos show sharpness very well!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Thank you Sebastien! If I remember correctly some years ago you made a test between this one and the 2.5/125mm Apo Lanthar. Would you mind repeating your findings about this lens here?

Merci bien!!

You're welcome, Klaus! Here's the link to the old post: http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlaender-apo-lanthar-125-2-5-vs-apo-telezenitar-135-2-8-t36662.html

My impression is that both lenses are capable of delivering stunning resolution. But the Apo Telezenitar should not be called "Apo", as it exhibits quite a bit of LCA and bloom -eventhough the Apo-Lanthar is not 100% perfect in this regard either... I guess the new 110/2.5 Apo-Lanthar will be even better color corrected.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Merci bien!!

You're welcome, Klaus! Here's the link to the old post: http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlaender-apo-lanthar-125-2-5-vs-apo-telezenitar-135-2-8-t36662.html

My impression is that both lenses are capable of delivering stunning resolution. But the Apo Telezenitar should not be called "Apo", as it exhibits quite a bit of LCA and bloom -eventhough the Apo-Lanthar is not 100% perfect in this regard either... I guess the new 110/2.5 Apo-Lanthar will be even better color corrected.

Cheers!

Abbazz

Merci Sebastien!

Indeed, it is not a "real" APO lens in all its glory (means totally lacking any CA), but close and can be put to good use, especially cosidnering its price compared to an APO Lanthar or Leitz Apo Makro Elmarit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard and seen many good things about that lens, and it's reputation appears to be fully justified!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsfozzy wrote:
I've heard and seen many good things about that lens, and it's reputation appears to be fully justified!

Just in case: I will have another one soon and will most likely just keep one of them, so if there is some interest, keep in mind that I will be selling one soon. Two I will certainly keep!! Here it is: http://forum.mflenses.com/fs-mc-apo-telezenitar-m-f2-8-135mm-m42-t79580,highlight,%2Btelezenitar.html