Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Klein Bessa - Baby Bessa 7,5cm Skopar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Klein Bessa - Baby Bessa 7,5cm Skopar Reply with quote

My latest folder purchase is this camera, any experience ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite camera, the deluxe Bessa 66 with just that size skopar. If yours is a good sample, there's something special about the 7.5 cm version

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!Skopar is a very good lens I expect a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you!Skopar is a very good lens I expect a lot.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+2 lucky bastard. Wink Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
+2 lucky bastard. Wink Smile

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, does that have coupled RF? Or zoned focus. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No RF , it has built in 'guess timeter' Laughing Laughing very simple camera.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander Baby Bessa 66 1939 by Nesster, on Flickr

Baby Bessa 1939 by Nesster, on Flickr

Voigtlander 1939 Baby Bessa by Nesster, on Flickr

This one's mine

Bessa Skopar by Nesster, on Flickr

Bill, these are zone/guess focus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks mine is same than yours Smile

Thank you for information booklets!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera is here I did pick it up today, no filter other ways seems okay. All speeds are works , just need to measure how accurate they are.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
just need to measure how accurate they are.

Do you have a method to do that, other than doing a test roll?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:
just need to measure how accurate they are.

Do you have a method to do that, other than doing a test roll?

yes.

I am using this type of tester.

http://forum.mflenses.com/shutter-tester-for-shutter-speed-up-to-1-1000th-14-99-t28474.html

Stand alone (No computer) LCD version should be ready to soon also.

Here latest "full extra" version

http://www.mflenses.com/mfl-ebay/Camera-shutter-tester-micro-controller-version-2.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 1/2 1/5 1/10 1/25 1/50 1/100 1/300
0,7 1,8 4,3 7,8 17,6 32,05 98,52 177,11

Not bad at all from a camera without cla'd Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this camera, only with an uncoated heliar. It is a great camera, very compact and the automatic film counter works well. In spite of the name, the lens on mine was soft, way softer than a novar triplet. At first I thought it was a collimation problem or shutter shake, but it was not.

Javier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Bessa RF Heliars and I sold Skopars all are awesome.
I have a stunning Novar and I had soft one too. I believe your Heliar wasn't properly adjusted I don't think so they made significantly worst Heliar to baby Bessa than to RF.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right, Attila, and my heliar is probably decentered or something like that. On lenses with a frontal focusing element sometimes you can look for the sweet spot by changing the frontal lens position (you actually change the focal lenght of the lens) and at the same time the distance to the focal plane to get the correct focus. I made this with the Heliar mounted in a 35 mm SLR, and the results were from soft... to softer. Kind of acceptable at f11 though.

I own an 80 mm 3.5 color skopar mounted in a ikonta 6x4.5 (don't ask, I bought it like this) which after properly adjusting is extremely sharp from 5.6 and quite usable wide open, so no problem with voigtlander in general, only with my Heliar lens.

Javier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Heliar is very rare on Bessa 46 , it is worth to cla'd it and adjust well. If you put a mate glass to film plane and examine picture it with magnifier you can see it is sharp or not , perhaps you can found way how you able to align sharp focus at least at infinity and you will have a perfect landscape camera.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think Heliar is very rare on Bessa 46 , it is worth to cla'd it and adjust well. If you put a mate glass to film plane and examine picture it with magnifier you can see it is sharp or not , perhaps you can found way how you able to align sharp focus at least at infinity and you will have a perfect landscape camera.

Thank you for the suggestion. The camera is a Bessa 66, no Bessa 46, with automatic counter which works quite well. The camera has been fully serviced, including the infinity adjustment which is as correct as It should be. It is simply that the lens is soft... The lens is uncoated and from the serial number about final war time. I have been even suggested that the lens could be a voigtar with an heliar rim, but no, it is definitively a 5 elements.

After many disappointing rolls, I finally give it up.

Javier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty band news, thank you for sharing it.

Until this time I had three Heliar and four Skopar all were very sharp , sorry to hear you got a lemon one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these old thread
I just got one in a grab box. Bessa 66 with the Voigtar lens and the hinged filter in front intact.

Shutter is fine in the 25-100 range but the slow speeds are slow.
Bellows seems fine (tested it in darkroom)
My main issue is the loading of the receiving spool, that hinged part is very stiff

Loaded it and we'll see Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Images came great, no leaks and lens is a decent triplet.
I forgot that these cameras were made for low ASA film, I loaded it with HP5 and had to shoot mostly af f/11-16
The Pond with a Bessa66

The canister that holds the receviging spool was stuck, a small disc had fallen out form the tripod bushing.
This has been fixed with a 3/8 - 1/4" adapter