Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiev-10,15 APC-1 Automat (automatic) Very Rare2/85 Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Kiev-10,15 APC-1 Automat (automatic) Very Rare2/85 Lens Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Kiev-10,15 APC-1 Automat (automatic) Very Rare2/85 Lens Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

This is VERY curious, it seems to have the same barrel construction as the anomalous Jupiter-9 you posted about in the other thread...

Last edited by Orio on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be tricky just label different.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Might be tricky just label different.

Three possibilities I can think of:

A) The Kiev lens and the Jupiter lens are the same lens, only named and branded differently. The fact that they share the focal lenght and max. aperture may be a strong fact to consider in this direction. Then for some reason, that Jupiter-9 ended up with the Jupiter name but was made by the Kiev factory (maybe at a given moment there was a higher demand and the Lytkarino factory could not deliver?)

B) The Kiev and Jupiter lenses are different lenses, they only share the focal lenght and max. aperture. Maybe for the same reasons as above (too many requests of Jupiter-9 for Lytkarino to handle), the Kiev factory produced some lenses with the Jupiter name on them.

C) The Kiev and Jupiter lenses are different lenses, but seeing that the Jupiter-9 lenses sell very well, somebody with access to the proper machinery has created a front ring with the Jupiter name on it, to be applied on Kiev lenses (seems quite unlikely possibility).

For me, possibility A has the more probability. but there would be only one way to find out I think: to buy both (the strange Jupiter and the Kiev lens), and compare them with a Jupiter-9 of about the same year.

This is an interesting matter however! Would like to find out some answers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious, if you will find an answer, please share it!