Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9 Samples (Alu M39 version)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see one Jupiter 9 *bay in May but i did not realise it may be the rarest version of J9. This is the only picture i saved. I do not remember it is m39 or m42 but it is sure that it is the SLR version. Does any one see this version before?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I see one Jupiter 9 *bay in May but i did not realise it may be the rarest version of J9. This is the only picture i saved. I remembered it is the m42 SLR version. Does any one see this version before?

This is RF version for M39 screw mount cameras you can't use on any SLR. You can mount and use on m4/3 cameras. A did try one times with Olympus SLR it had very short working distance.

I did use Orio's copy it was a very, very nice lens.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/jupiter/jupiter_9_8_5cm_contax/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
I see one Jupiter 9 *bay in May but i did not realise it may be the rarest version of J9. This is the only picture i saved. I remembered it is the m42 SLR version. Does any one see this version before?

This is RF version for M39 screw mount cameras you can't use on any SLR. You can mount and use on m4/3 cameras. A did try one times with Olympus SLR it had very short working distance.

I did use Orio's copy it was a very, very nice lens.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/jupiter/jupiter_9_8_5cm_contax/

I see. Thank you Attila! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone (my first post here, please be gentle with me!)
no-X wrote:
screw-mount models of Jupiter-9:

• Zorki (M39) - rangefinder
    • model KMZ, silver: "F=8,5CM", "Π", e.g. 1956
    • model LZOS silver: "F=8,5CM", "Π", eg. 1960
    • model LZOS(?), black

• Zenit (M39) - SLR
    • model KMZ, silver: "F=8,5CM", "Π", e.g. 1960
    • model LZOS, silver, "2/85", e.g. 1965
    • model LZOS, black

• Zenit (M42) - SLR
    • model LZOS, black (wavy focusing ring): např. 1973
    • model LZOS black (knurled focusing ring, serial number is located on lens body): e.g. 1987
    • model LZOS, black + MC (knurled focusing ring, serial number is located on lens body): e.g. 1987

Can you add to the M42 list:
    • model LZOS, silver: "2/85", e.g. 1965

I got hold of this excellent lens recently. The quality is superb!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome ! Nice to see you here ! I am glad you like this lens , this is one of my favorite too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, atilla. It took me a few shoots to get used to it but it finally 'clicked' with me. Great portraits!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two aluminum SLR versions. One from '57, the other from '61. The earlier one (on the left) has a more complex spring loaded aperture ring selector and slightly different construction. Much similar to the original zeiss sonnar mechanical design. The second picture is the front element of the earlier design. Both are KMZ make, which is less common because production was shifted to LZOS fairly earlier in the Jupiter 9s life.

(most of the specs you see are actually glass bubbles, not dust)
~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow you have one with red P and with cm scale WOW! I believe this is best version from all at least this is true for my Helios-40.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
wow you have one with red P and with cm scale WOW! I believe this is best version from all at least this is true for my Helios-40.

Yeah, I have one of those too Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing great ! Do you have later one too ? Did you compare them ? Mine have serial number around 200 and lot more dreamy , creamy than later ones.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see this thread still alive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems there is a model made in LZOS in black with a shinning bright on the edge of the wavy focusing ring.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw. a few days ago I recieved silver slim Jupiter-9 (red-P, 8,5cm, KMZ made) with exakta mount Shocked

It must be a professionally converted lens, because there are no side-signs of conversion. Inner part of the exacta mount has proper blackening, infinity focus is exact, all works normally...

I have no use for exakta mount lens (I already have two other silver jupiters), so if any collector wants it, I can miss this lens Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
btw. a few days ago I recieved silver slim Jupiter-9 (red-P, 8,5cm, KMZ made) with exakta mount Shocked

It must be a professionally converted lens, because there are no side-signs of conversion. Inner part of the exacta mount has proper blackening, infinity focus is exact, all works normally...

I have no use for exakta mount lens (I already have two other silver jupiters), so if any collector wants it, I can miss this lens Smile

Please let me know it's price!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lens has a new master Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a nice RF version, which I didn't know that was an RF and not an SLR version!

Focuses for up to ~6 meters, roughly... don't know what to do with it Smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390455075272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Here is a sample wide open, at f/2; no edit, only resized to 1024X768

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha_M wrote:
Focuses for up to ~6 meters, roughly... don't know what to do with it Smile

That's easy, take more portraits just like that!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!
Thanks! Very Happy

But what if they're further away?

Such a portrait is pretty much on the focusing edge of this lens...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is to get a Zorki 6 or a FED2 to use it on.