Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9 - new vs second-hand
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was because of sticky oil on blades...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Et regarde le J-9 que j'ai reçu derni?rement :

Outch, it hurts just looking at it Sad That bent diaph blade doesn't seems easy to fix ...

While re-assembling it, don't forget you've got young children around : no rude words Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Flor27 wrote:
Et regarde le J-9 que j'ai reçu derni?rement :

Outch, it hurts just looking at it Sad That bent diaph blade doesn't seems easy to fix ...

It can't be fixed until I have spare blades as all of those displayed are broken Sad

Quote:
While re-assembling it, don't forget you've got young children around : no rude words Wink

Fortunately I can keep my mouth close even with such a defect.... Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe how brave you guys are - dis-assembling a lens like that.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I cant believe how brave you guys are - dis-assembling a lens like that.

Actually it was quite easy to extract all aperture blades: just remove the lenses elements. Repair job will not be at the same level I guess... Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Repair job will not be at the same level I guess... Sad

How do you plan to repair the aperture blades ? Obtain a set of blades from a defect J9 or having them made ? (I think you wrote on Hardware.fr about a craftsman able to make custom mounts).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
How do you plan to repair the aperture blades ? Obtain a set of blades from a defect J9 or having them made ? (I think you wrote on Hardware.fr about a craftsman able to make custom mounts).

I've asked for a replacement set or a opticaly defectiv J-9 to the seller - no reply so far.
Actually I know nobody who is abble to make custom mount (appart from the one on eBay pointed to us by Orio) but a people with a lathe. And I think making a J-9 aperture blades set will be more expensive thant a brand new J-9 from Ukrain Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a brave thing to do. But if a lens is not working at all...

I once had a Tamron 4/135 down to that, reassembling was not easy. Putting the diaphragm blades together need a steady hand and a lot of patience.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Yes, that's a brave thing to do. But if a lens is not working at all...

I once had a Tamron 4/135 down to that, reassembling was not easy. Putting the diaphragm blades together need a steady hand and a lot of patience.

Well, I don't have spare blades... but I can still use this lens but wide open Laughing