Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 12 (Biogon) macro samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 12 (Biogon) macro samples Reply with quote

Just finished my second DIY adapter for Contax/Kiev RF to Micro 4/3.
This time its a very simple macro adapter for Jupiter 12, that has a large rear element and can only be used as a macro lens on M43 cameras.

Here are a few quick shots:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work indeend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked
And it seems to be a good copy of swedish m-96 bayonet .... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice captures.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful shots.

Helios, you beat me to the bayonet identification. Now, where is the rifle that goes with it? The M-96, I think, is the prettiest bolt-action battle rifle ever made ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can a rifle be pretty? Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, you cant beat a mk3 lee-enfield .303., whilst it aint that pretty it sure was effective in trained hands

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Industrial art of form properly following fuction.
All of the steel except for the bolt was beautifully blued; the bolt and armorer's marking disk were left in the white to create a lovely contrast with the deep blueing; the long stock - just simple, stained birch - was no bigger than it needed to be to survive the rigors of battle; the craftsmanship evident in every bit of machining.
There are some who say the cartridge for which the rifle was chambered - the 6.5mm Swedish - is the handsomest cartridge ever designed.
Elegant might be the best single word to describe the M-96.

Last edited by fish4570 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev, you will get no argument from me on the efficacy of the Enfield series. I think the best of the bunch was the No. 4 Mark 1 with its magnificent peep sight.
You are correct: the Enfield is not pretty, but it IS the best bolt-action battle rifle ever made. There can be inner beauty in a machine that does its job so well.
The M-96 IS pretty, period. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, for as much as I effort, I can not find a killing machine, pretty.
Maybe I am wrong, but I associate the word "pretty" with delicacy and grace.
Efficient, is the category I would use for a weapon, if it's the case.
Or stylish, if one wants to evaluate the design - maybe "cool".
But the purpose the machine was built for (killing other people) prevents me from seeing any prettiness in it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, guys, for comments and identifying the bayonet!
Unfortunately don't have a matching rifle, I only bought the bayonet because it looked unusual and had a hollow handle -- a rare but very useful feature.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mutabot wrote:
a hollow handle -- a rare but very useful feature.

For what is it very useful??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
mutabot wrote:

Hmm, Andy, apparently you didn't see Rambo.
When he pulls out of the hilt a needle and some surgical gut to sew a shoulder wound? No?
Jeez, I'm shocked by the lack of you knowledge Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Orio regarding the beauty of a rifle.
And saying about a cartridge that is handsome, would be beyond my imagination.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different oeuvres, different cultures, guys.

I would say modern "black" rifles like the M-16, the Kalishnikov series, etc., are slap ugly. If you think of old world craftsmanship, perhaps it might be easier to consider beauty for the M-96 and its cousins.

The M-96 was adopted in 1896 along with the cartridge, and both have stood the test of time; the basic Mauser design is still going strong, and the cartridge if a fine big-game round. Although both have been out of military armories for decades.

I made up a sporting rifle on an M-96 whose action was built in 1906. One of my sons has it now. I reckon it will go to one of his sons one day.
(Orio, I know you do not like the idea of hunting; I was just providing a little history.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
F16SUNSHINE wrote:
mutabot wrote:

Hmm, Andy, apparently you didn't see Rambo.
When he pulls out of the hilt a needle and some surgical gut to sew a shoulder wound? No?
Jeez, I'm shocked by the lack of you knowledge Rolling Eyes

Yes Smile And on top of that one can make a spear and hunt Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trained on the mk4 Lee enfild and still have the bruised shoulder to prove it (yup Im that old). Nasty killing machines can have a beauty all of their own when seen in the round, look at WW2 destroyers dashing through the sea throwing up a HUGE bow wave, or certain prop engined fighter planes, even early jet fighters such as the Sabre etc etc etc.