Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JAlbum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: JAlbum Reply with quote

I have found a preset in JAlbum that is 95% percent close to what I want for my galleries. It is called "Minimal".

There is, however, a few things that I would like to change:

1- page background color - from white to grey
2- index pages title - adding my own and have it repeated on all index pages
3- adding caption below photographs - to give details like camera, lens, times, ISO etc.

Problem is, I have not found in JAlbum a way to add these modifications.
Of course I could edit the single pages, but it would take time and I would prefer that it was possible to enter these options in the preset.

Anyone has any idea on how to modify a JAlbum preset?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k., let's do some skin modification. Everything you want is possible, some is easy, some needs a little bit work in the source code of the skin.

First one is easy:
After you have choosen your prefered and copied Skin press "ctrl-alt-s" - this opens the skin directory. Go to the styles folder and edit the *.css file you want to use with your skin, for example "lineborder.css".

There you will find a line like:
Code:
background-color: white;

Change white to a grey-tone of your choice, for example:
Code:
background-color: #6e6e6e;

Second one is also no problem:

Write a textfile and name it "header.inc". In this textfile write down the HTML-Code for your page title, perhaps:
Code:
<H1>Orios Example Pictures</H1>
<p>A little introducion...</p>

Copy this header.inc in the source image directory. You can write different header.inc for different directories, so there are different headlines and texts as a result.

For the third one I need a little more time, because I didn't memorized the code to read out the exif-tags. I will search for my documentation and likely answer this tonight.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael! I tried already to replace the "white" with a #xxxxxx number, but for me, it does not work!
Maybe I sohuld leave a space or something...
It only works if I use another name, like, "grey". But then it gives me a grey too bright, I want it darker ("darkgrey" does not work)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why it is not working for you - no problem here. Perhaps you can post the part of the xxxxx.css you used and I'll try to reproduce it.

O.k., back to your question, the third one. I'm not shure what you want to do. If you want to write some exif-tags under the images you can insert a line in the file "slide.htt" under the image section, perhaps this one:
Code:
<p>$focalLength</p>

This means that you will find the focal length under any image. You can write a condition if this tag exists, but I can't write it down here because the forum editor supresses some java commands. For the list of variables see the creating skin section in the help file.

The "problem" (a minor one for lens maniacs like us Very Happy ) is that you will have no correct exif tags if using manual lens. So you can't get around of writing a comment for every image. Right click on properties of an image in the jalbum editor and there you see a field for the comments. This comment will be shown up on the certain slide page after making the album.

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an excellent software for small quantities and 100% configurable with skins. I started to use one of the projects of Christina.

I found this info in settings. I used simple viewer skin and there is all setting what you want.

Let me know what kind of skin do you want to use. I will try to set what you want to see in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This is an excellent software for small quantities and 100% configurable with skins. I started to use one of the projects of Christina.
I found this info in settings. I used simple viewer skin and there is all setting what you want.
Let me know what kind of skin do you want to use. I will try to set what you want to see in.

Thanks Michael and Attila.
Unfortunately the free time to work on the site = 0 at the moment. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Orio on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know when you have free time I glad to help if I can.