Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

is the Pentax 25mm f 1.4 I' m looking for?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: is the Pentax 25mm f 1.4 I' m looking for? Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I' m about to buy the famous Pentax/Cosmicar 25mm f 1.4 c-mount, but then i found that exist two version of it

one for 2/3" sensor, the other for 1"

I wish to buy the one that fits my m4/3 camera entirely, and for what I know is the 1" one, am I right?

I found a vendor who probabily has both the version, but then how I can discover which one is looking at them? (I already asked the vendor and he doesn't know)

they look like this:






one another like this:






and the last like this:







can somebody help me?


Last edited by adrios on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total


PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: is the Pentax 25mm f 1.4 I' m looking for? Reply with quote

adrios wrote:
Hi everyone!

I' m about to buy the famous Pentax/Cosmicar 25mm f 1.4 c-mount, but then i found that exist two version of it

one for 2/3" sensor, the other for 1"

I wish to buy the one that fits my m4/3 camera entirely, and for what I know is the 1" one, am I right?

I found a vendor who probabily has both the version, but then how I can discover which one is looking at them? (I already asked the vendor and he doesn't know)

they look like this:
http://imgur.com/a/gOAn1


can somebody help me?

Welcome to the forum,Sadly I don't know enough about C mount lenses,I am sure someone will help you eventually...you may want to browse this section of the forum until you get a reply.

Use the URL button to attach links not the code button,also your first post can not contain a link or image as its an anti spam measure.All should work now Very Happy


PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: is the Pentax 25mm f 1.4 I' m looking for? Reply with quote

mo wrote:
adrios wrote:
Hi everyone!

I' m about to buy the famous Pentax/Cosmicar 25mm f 1.4 c-mount, but then i found that exist two version of it

one for 2/3" sensor, the other for 1"

I wish to buy the one that fits my m4/3 camera entirely, and for what I know is the 1" one, am I right?

I found a vendor who probabily has both the version, but then how I can discover which one is looking at them? (I already asked the vendor and he doesn't know)

they look like this:
http://imgur.com/a/gOAn1


can somebody help me?

Welcome to the forum,Sadly I don't know enough about C mount lenses,I am sure someone will help you eventually...you may want to browse this section of the forum until you get a reply.

Use the URL button to attach links not the code button,also your first post can not contain a link or image as its an anti spam measure.All should work now Very Happy


thank you Smile

I went crazy trying to figure out why no images nor links was working, edited the post like 10 times :/ ended up using the code tag Very Happy

I already did a search in section and found this:
http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-c22525kp-25mm-f1-4-t47367,highlight,%2Bpentax+%2B25mm+%2Bf+%2B1+%2B4.html

that has been usefull thanks to this reply:
std wrote:
The ones for 2/3" are not good - they are ok if you use 6:6 aspect ratio only. On normal 4:3 you see the image circle.


but I still need to discover how the 1" version looks like


PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have experience with this lens.
I have Schneider xenoplan 35/1,9 for 2/3" it has appearance similar to this

no rubber grip. and judging the rear optic, it protude, maybe it has vignette on m4/3. I guess this one is for 2/3"
not sure absolutely though


PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
I dont have experience with this lens.
I have Schneider xenoplan 35/1,9 for 2/3" it has appearance similar to this

no rubber grip. and judging the rear optic, it protude, maybe it has vignette on m4/3. I guess this one is for 2/3"
not sure absolutely though



mmmh, may it depends in the back of the lens?

for example, this:

looks smaller than this:


could be the difference between a 1" lens mount and a 2/3"?


PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually only for smaller video camera sensors


PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, smaller optic for smaller sensor. I'm sure of that theory, specially from same factory


PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have no clue :/


PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like the big one
i have the 2/3 version and it seems smaller in diameter


PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
it looks like the big one
i have the 2/3 version and it seems smaller in diameter


thank you for the answer!

do you mind sending some pictures of it?


PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked mine lens and it turned it is a Fuji for 2/3" not Pentax.
The outside diameter is around 29mm. Here it is next to Cosmicar 1.8/50 for size comparison.
Not the same lens but you can get the idea.

If i can choose i would get the bigger lens (first 2 pics)

#1

#2

#3

#4