Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm back... (with photos)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: I'm back... (with photos) Reply with quote

Hi!

Today we arrived back home from our one-week hiking trip to the "Fichtelgebirge".

Infos (sorry, only in German):
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichtelgebirge
http://www.bayern-fichtelgebirge.de/

We stayed in a small submontane village called "Fleckl" (which means "little spot").
http://www.fleckl-online.de/

You find this place directly at the foot of the "Ochsenkopf", a smaller mountain (1024m) in Northern Bavaria, perfect for hiking.
http://www.bayern-fichtelgebirge.de/ochsenkopf/0.htm

Since we were walking a lot and we spent a lot of time with our little daughter, I did not shoot that many photos.

But every now and then I took my cam and some lenses on one of our hikes.

What I realized was that I only used 6 lenses at my EOS, although I brought about 20. But I have used some others at my Zenit EM and I sometimes shot with my Minolta Hi-Matic, but those films still have to be developed.

The lenses I used were:

AF:
Tokina 12-24 as a superwide for the big rocks.
Sigma 17-70 as an allround lens during the hikes.
Canon EF 75-300 for some shots in a vivarium. Yes I must admit that I used this AF tele zoom and not my excellent Telear 200 (I did not bring the Tair), because first 300mm are more than 200mm and second shooting animals is not easy with an MF lens. Since I did not have a lot of time for shooting, I chose the AF lens.

MF:
Pentax-M 1.7/50 (mainly for indoor shots)
Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24 (as a wide angle and a standard lens on hikes)
Nikkor-O 2.0/35 (as a "50mm" at my crop DSLR)

(Both Nikkors formerly were Orio's lenses. Wink Thanks for selling them to me. I had the chance to try and test them and I like them a lot!)

Photos will follow soon, as soon as I get to it.

Putting the trip in a nutshell: It was close to fantastic!
Sunny weather (Sunday and Monday even too hot for hiking), great food, good beer, but little sleep (since my 1 1/2 year old daughter decided to wake up at about 5 am each morning).
The nature there is amazing and the people are friendly and nice.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And where is your pictures ? I can't wait Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just two quick impressions:

During a break. From right to left: my wife (6-months pregnant), our daughter Nele (1 1/2 years), the backpack in which I carried her (Nele, of course) and me. (Shot by my dad with his Olympus SP-350 digital cam.)

A first impression of the rocks, and the fascinating light. (Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24)

More will follow later. I now have to take care of the thunderstorm that is rolling in... Rolling Eyes

BTW, can you recognise me and my avatar? Wink

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great captures! Looks a really nice area I drive throw to South Germany a couple of times I took second ranked roads to see more. I can tell you one of the nicest place on Earth. It shocked me how people can take care their environment World must have learn from Germans lot of thing including this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to see that the Nikkors have been taken to photograph such a nice place! I'll be waiting for the rest of the pictures Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Here are some shots.

Part I - Felsenlabyrinth / rock labyrinth (http://www.bayern-fichtelgebirge.de/luise/4.htm)

If I remember correctly, all shot with the Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24, just #7 with the Nikkor-O 2.0/35.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part II - Our hike to the "Ochsenkopf" / "bull's head" (http://www.bayern-fichtelgebirge.de/ochsenkopf/0.htm)

All shot with the Sigma 17-70 (AF lens, I'm afraid).

Our little angel and the easiest way to hike...

The answer to everything. Wink (Douglas Adams)

Last edited by LucisPictor on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part III - our holiday flat

A panorama shot of an upcoming thunderstorm

A candid shot of my wife and my daughter (dining) Wink

Shot with the Pentax-M 1.7/50.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part IV - At the vivarium...

All photos shot with the EF 75-300 USM II.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the AF-lens shots. But if I have to be quick, I still prefer AF-lenses. Embarassed
MF lenses are my favourite for slow and reflected shooting. Wink

Two things I concluded:

1) The EF 75-300 is much better than I remembered.

2) The Nikkors are great lenses. I did not have to post-produce anything. The exposure was excellent and the rendering is exactly the way I like it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series what I beautiful land !You should really proud about your country! When my kids was this little I divorced already. I went with them only my self to holiday. I had no much money so I took them into a camping, that was a night mare Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures Carsten, my favorites are your daughter's meal snapshot (very warm loving atmosphere), the wild pigs (I just love them! They are sort of an "institution" here on the Apennines), and all the deer captures which are simply excellent

I'm happy that you like the Nikkors, they will serve you with years of great photography, very sturdy lenses, they will last longer than any AF zoom I know Wink