Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ilford Delta + EOS 50E + Makro-Planar 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Ilford Delta + EOS 50E + Makro-Planar 100 Reply with quote

Here is my first B+W contribution. After battling with a donated bottle of 10 years old Tetenal Ultrafin and very unpleasing results, I have found a bottle Ilfosol 3 in my local super market Shocked

It is not only the image quality which I like, the whole process is fun, creative.
Camera was complete on manual mode (50E is difficult to use with AF-adapters).

Here is the my sixth developed roll of B+W film, Ilford Delta 100, Ilfosol 3, dilution 1:14, 8mins developed @ ~21C, "scanned" with Contax Bellow and S-Planar 74mm:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
Yes self-made B&W is a load of fun.
I like most #3, 4, 5
You need an enlarger or you're missing half of the fun! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio, I'm really proud.

Here is my darkroom, the enlarger is very old and basic, Meopta Axomat 3, but better than nothing Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like those abstracts. Excellent B&W.

I just bought a bottle of Ilfosol as well, it seems like a good developer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job! My favorites are 3,4,5. Ilfosol S is indeed to put in the list of developers to try.
Regards, Marty.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks friends.
Yes, I'm very pleased with the results, especially the dynamic range. Nearly the contrast I was looking for.
I've already ordered different developers, to compare (Rollei RHS, RHL, Ilford DDX).
Only problem, the Ilfosol is very fast, I'm not able to develop the Pan F Plus with 1+9, only with 1+14 dilution.

Marty, I think the Ilfosol 3 is the successor from the Ilfosol S, which isn't available anymore. Not sure which one is/was better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! contrast is indeed very pleasing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Marty, I think the Ilfosol 3 is the successor from the Ilfosol S, which isn't available anymore.

You're right, thank you for pointing that out. I just checked ilfordphoto.com they say verbatim:
Quote:
ILFORD ILFOSOL 3 black and white film developer is an enhanced formulation of the one-shot, general-purpose, liquid black and white film developer - ILFOSOL S.

So it should be possibly better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
while pic 3 is of great contrast , the others are a bit grayish, but it suits the mood. congrats for your dev and your darkroom equipment.

by the way trying the 10 yo tetenal wouldn't been a good idea, but fresh its a good developer. i suggest also agfa Rodinal / Foma R09 new ( other label same formula and dev times )