Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Identify a lens-mount on my manual focus Soligor?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Identify a lens-mount on my manual focus Soligor? Reply with quote

I have a manual focus Soligor 130-650mm F5.6-7.5 zoom with a strange mount-ring. The ring is removable, like most of Soligor mounts, but I cannot identify it. Any help would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Hmm? Reply with quote

checking post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll note that they show now. This is a "feature" of this forum. New members cannot post images in their first posts. Or at least if they try, they will not be displayed.

That notch cut out of one of the flanges kind of reminds me of Minolta SR.

Take a look here at photos of mounts:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Identify a lens-mount on my manual focus Soligor? Reply with quote

Hi, Michael,
I checked that URL and there is nothing like this mount there. Hoping someone will recognize it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica I believe.

Olesons site has it, you need to look at the pattern on the lugs.

Note that this is an interchangeable mount lens, I think it is made by Sun.
The removable mount is labeled as to what it is - there is a code in red on the mount that is out of focus in your second picture.
If you could take a shot of the markings we could verify.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adaptall mount http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-lenses/206077-tamron-lens-adaptall-mount.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a Konica to me, the cutout in the lug is the giveaway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a shot of a Konica mount. Close, but not it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Here's a shot of a Konica mount. Close, but not it.

It is Minolta mount.

If you click the first picture twice it is pretty clear reeds K/AR so this is Konica.
But I thought the question was about the ring connection to the lens.

Last edited by dimitrygo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
If you click the picture twice it is pretty clear reeds K/AR so this is Konica.
But I thought the question was about the ring connection to the lens.

So the "K/AR" mount has a different orientation for the aperture actuating lever than "regular" Konica? The photo I posted shows the lever 180 degrees apart from the notch. The photo the OP posted shows it only about 90 degrees apart from the notch.

I'm asking because I recently ran across a lens that I believe had the same mount, and I searched all over and couldn't find another that would match it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

So the "K/AR" mount has a different orientation for the aperture actuating lever than "regular" Konica? The photo I posted shows the lever 180 degrees apart from the notch. The photo the OP posted shows it only about 90 degrees apart from the notch.

I'm asking because I recently ran across a lens that I believe had the same mount, and I searched all over and couldn't find one that would match it.

I edited my post above - your picture is of Minolta mount http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bajonett_manual_minolta.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

What you have there looks like Minolta.
Minolta has the cutout close to the edge of the lug, Konica is more centered.
Also look at the position of the aperture actuating lever. On Minoltas it is opposite the lug with the cutout. On Konics its to the side.

Hi Dmitry,

This interchangeable mount was a system specific to Sun lenses of the time I believe, and also rebranded as Soligor.

This lens was one of the last SLR lens products of both Sun and Soligor, when both were failing, so not that common.

Best way to get another similar mount is to look for other lenses in that line.

I once saw a late Sun lens catalog online from which I grabbed a jpeg image, and it had this 130-650 lens. If I find it I will post it. A search for the other lenses in that line may turn up another lens with the same interchangeable mount system.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I see K/AR in this photo. So is that a Konica? I've never seen one quite like it before. It also has TWO levers sticking up out of it. I thought Konica had only one. The other pic is of the entire lens. This thing is HUGE.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Konica lenses with a fixed mount had a fixed lug that indicated the widest available aperture to the camera body.
But since this was a mount for an interchangable mount system, that was meant to support lenses with different max apertures, the lug needs to be movable. Note the markings on the mount by the lugs indicating max aperture settings.

K/AR - Konica AutoReflex I would think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys! This is very educational to me! I appreciate the help. Following your posts, I looked up K/AR, and it is definitely a Konica AutoFocus mount.

THANKS for pointing me in the right direction!
Don

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Second pic didn't load. Here it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could find a Nikon mount for it!

Thanks everybody!
don

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

This interchangeable mount was a system specific to Sun lenses of the time I believe, and also rebranded as Soligor.

Didn't Sun use YS interchangeable mount system?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happyshutter wrote:
I wish I could find a Nikon mount for it!

Thanks everybody!
don

What is the lens serial number?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to look it up. I am currently traveling in Africa, and my lens is in Arizona...but I have the serial number on my laptop----somewhere!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a photo with a partial serial number... can almost make out the whole thing... 484010?40 ?? I EDITED THIS POST TO CORRECT THE SERIAL NUMBER. 383010?40--ANYONE CAN SEE THAT I HAD MIS-TYPED THE FIRST AND THIRD DIGITS.

Last edited by happyshutter on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Don -- happy you found the answer. Very Happy

All the Konica AR mounts I have look like yours, with lever at right angle to the center-notched blade. All the Minolta MD mounts I have look like Michael's, with lever opposite to more edge-notched blade. Mine are YS mount adapters.

Last edited by visualopsins on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens actually has a very wide-based bayonet mount in addition to the internal threads. If you look closely at the other photo I posted that shows very clearly the K/AR, you will see the bayonet flanges on the inner edge of the edge of the lens body. This adapter particular adapter mount actually uses the bayonet system, instead of the threads. I know, strange, huh?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interchangeable mount looks a lot like Adaptall, but I don't believe it is compatible.
This lens certainly wasn't made by by Tamron.
Tamron never licensed the Adaptall system to anyone else that I know of.

It wouldn't hurt to try an Adaptall on it, just in case, if you have one handy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun did use the YS system, for a while. This one isn't YS though, this is a later system.

There were always problems with YS as the various open-aperture metering systems could not easily be accommodated. They usually required external lugs and the like to be connected separately, much like the Tamron Adaptamatics. Worse really, as the screw mounting of YS didn't orient the mount precisely enough, and the Adaptamatics at least only had the screw for locking, not alignment. This complication of extra connectors was one reason the Adaptamatics were replaced by Adaptall, and I believe also why YS was rather quickly abandoned.

There were in fact a rather large number of interchangeable mount systems in the late 1960's-early 1980's. Most were not widely adopted and few lenses were supported. There's a lot of weird stuff out there.