Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I would like to show you...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: I would like to show you... Reply with quote

... the beauty I have just purchased Very Happy

It was a long time that I wished to find this lens Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty! I am curious about it's quality as well comparable with your other high rated lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Pretty! I am curious about it's quality as well comparable with your other high rated lens.

As you know I have the "N" version (for Nikon) and while the Nikkor 2/35 is sharper wide open, when stopped down I prefer the colour saturation and the "Russian touch" of the MIR.

Here's a small sample gallery of shots I have taken with the N version for Nikon and the 400D:

http://www.orio.ws/temp/MIR-24N/index.html

Now what will have to be seen is how this version is compared with the N version. The question is lecit because it's not just a matter of different mount: the two lenses were manufactured in different factories: the N version in the Arsenal factory, the M version in the Lytkarino factory.

They also look quite different externally.

I am more curious than you! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a warm living colors!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you'll find out before me, the lens is going to arrive at your home! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a real beauty, I own this lens too. And it's in the same condition. So good locking that I haven't used it until now, because I'm in fear of destroying this perfect look. Stupid, isn't it... Shocked

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Smile I am sure you will not make any paint loss. If somebody like than you are that is enough for preserve the good condition. Most lens abused by professionals they not care about much lenses. Have you seen Nikkor lenses used by photojournalist ? I would hang on those people, they make incredible damages.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!!! What's the beautiful lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pilant wrote:
Wow!!!! What's the beautiful lens.

It's a multi-coated MIR-24M, a fast (f/2.0) 35mm lens from Russia.

It is a very unknown and disregarded lens. I have the version "N" (Nikon mount) it's almost 20 years. I have taken beautiful photos with it. Ignorant people thinks that being Russian = garbage. well this lens has an amazing 40 lines per millimeter resolution. Ok it's not a Summicron, but the Summicron costs 3 times as much. For the price, you can't beat this lens. Please take a look at the images in my sample gallery. The pictures of the street band were all taken wide open. Look at the detail. The other pictures were stopped down only a little more, but still show great textural detail and saturated colours.
I hope that the M version can be of the same quality level as the N version.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Any news about this lens yet Orio? I'm dying to know what you think of it and see what it can do in your hands! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Orio wrote:

Any news about this lens yet Orio? I'm dying to know what you think of it and see what it can do in your hands! Smile

I have used it extensively in Budapest, but most of the takes are in the slides. I have used it for some takes in the theatre though. When I have some time I will show you some samples. The lens seems very good but I have not made an accurate test or inspection of photographs. One of these days I'll try to compare it with the Nikon mount version that I already have.

Besides I want to thank Attila again, thanks to his help I could buy this lens, if I couldn't use his help I would not have purchased it because of the problem with the Italian customs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You very welcome! You able to order any time lenses to here I will forward to you no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lens, Orio! You know I'm a fan of Russian glass. Hope to see
some pics from this lens!

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did I not reply earlier???

What a beauty! And in a really mint condition. Enjoy!