Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to stop lenses rolling around in a cabinet?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now after doing a not so serious proposal, here is a cheap and easy to do one:

use just some sheets of curled plexiglas you get from a roofers or a hardware store and nothing will roll again
if you lift the sheets at the door side by 1/2" - 1" lenses will not slip out in case of an earthquake or a meteorite parking in your garden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Put them upside down or just upside and they won't roll - easy. Wink

This does seem like the proper answer, right? I've never had any problems with lenses rolling all over the place...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there's much simpler solution - silicone baking pads, like this: http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Professional-Versatile-Multi-purpose-Bakeware/dp/B00H5WR130/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398665307&sr=8-3&keywords=silicone+baking+molds

They are non-slip, flexible, will absorb shock and come in different lens sizes. Check your local store for lower prices. I've got my 3x3 for around $4.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use blu-tak for wall posters. However, I've noticed that blu-tak in contact on something for a long time (I'm talking years) stains the item slightly and leaves an oily mark.. I can see it on the back of my postersI had up for many years..

Why not use chopsticks and some tape.. Smile