Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hollywood 28:2 (500kb)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Hollywood 28:2 (500kb) Reply with quote

Cheap negative from Lidl in Contax 167MT
For 100% crop push here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi poilu!!!
YOU wanna kill me Wink

I am trying to be converted to film cameras and you've sent this!

Thats a great example ! I love it !

Can you tell me more details? Exp, ISO etc..

thanks

tf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF, you'll have to grovel a lot more than this to get any info out of Poilu.
I'm kidding, I think. Laughing

Very very nice, Poilu! (How's that?)

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Trifox & Bill!
this post is the oversized version of another post where I give all the details
click here for the secret post Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the colors, contrast & size a little
I also didn't apply noise reduction this time
As I don't use dedicated software, I have to tune my method for color correction
Please comment if you find the actual result unnatural

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always find negative film, especially when cheap and maybe outdated, a real pain to obtain reaslitic colour from.
In this case, the photo seems to have that tone that was typical of the 50s postcards or book prints.
I know by experience that by starting from this point, it is nearly impossible to obtain a realistic balanced colour result as we obtain from digital cameras. Some colour components must be missing.
Perhaps there is a slight too much magenta (expired film? Or maybe kept in too warm environment?), but I think that even correcting this will not be enough to make convincing colours from this original.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it poilu. That Lidl chain seems to have all the remaining film in Europe? We don't have them in the US yet - the biggest German-owned chain is Trader Joe's.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I always find negative film, especially when cheap and maybe outdated, a real pain to obtain reaslitic colour from

I have problem to get good colors but I think it's have to do with my procedure
I change it again, maybe better this time
those film are valid till 2010 and Fuji is a good reference
I will ask a cd on my next test to check the lab colors

Patrick wrote:
We don't have them in the US yet

I find only few info for this film with google
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/45070-fujicolor-c200-excellent-film-poor-results-commercial-lab.html
Quote:
Fujicolor C200 (also sold as Z200) is a budget-priced film, available fresh in large quantity mostly in double- or four-packs, with an outstanding latitude.
A German "Stiftung Warentest (Product test foundation)" comparison of several consumer films in 2004 revealed a useful exposure range from - 1 5/6 to + 3 5/6 f-stops for C200.
C200 can be exposed at the box speed, as overexposure is not necessary for shadow detail.

Quote:
Fujicolor C200 ist a cheap film, designed for "less developed markets" and for amateurs with cheap cameras (wide exposure latitude), who order only small prints.
It is much grainier than the regular Superia 200, and has worse colors. Technologically, it is about five to ten years behind.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
TF, you'll have to grovel a lot more than this to get any info out of Poilu.
I'm kidding, I think. Laughing

Very very nice, Poilu! (How's that?)

Bill

KATASTROFO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
I appreciated your comment Smile

I love this picture even though thats the grain on it...Smile ! I know what I am talking about --- most of the pics used for print outputs have better results with film media anyway ---
tf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trifox wrote:
I love this picture even though thats the grain on it...
most of the pics used for print outputs have better results with film media anyway

I have some 400 iso pics who look really bad on screen but get beautiful on paper
on this pic, it is easy to remove grain by soft and get a pure blue sky
I decide to keep it, I don't find it intrusive
most newbies don't like, they never print and view pics only on lcd