Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HELIOS-44 versions and EOS 5D compatibility
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: HELIOS-44 versions and EOS 5D compatibility Reply with quote

I have tested all my HELIOS-44s on the 5D.

I have good news for Helios freaks, they all can be mounted on the 5D and they all clear the mirror path at infinity except one, the 44-2
(which is also, I think, the best one, unfortunately).

Here is the list of my copies and the compatibilities:

HELIOS-44 (silver M39 version)
mount = OK
infinity focus = YES

HELIOS-44-2
mount = OK
infinity focus = NO

HELIOS-44M
mount = OK
infinity focus = OK

HELIOS-44M-4 standard version
mount = OK
infinity focus = OK

HELIOS-44M-4 "zenit" printed version
mount = OK
infinity focus = OK

HELIOS-44-7
mount = OK
infinity focus = OK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't mount a helios 44 on the 5D until now. I'm unsure if I will sell my bucket full of 44's in the near future and keep only the best one. If someone's interested in a special version, drop a line and I will have a look in my collection.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srange that you got totally different results than these people:
http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/
I wonder these last ones are reliiable at all?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Srange that you got totally different results than these people:
http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/
I wonder these last ones are reliiable at all?

I think the tolerances are very small so that perhaps the thickness of the adapter can make a difference, even if it's 0.1mm. For example I often found informations that the Zenitar Fisheye isn't usable because it hits the mirror of the 5D. My one is working without any issue even with the needed filter on the back lens. Conclusion? Every test gives only a hint about a special lens/adapter/camera combination. To be sure you have to try it for yourself.

Michael