Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Going wide in Faversham
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Going wide in Faversham Reply with quote

After Saturday's test shots to check the lenses performance ( http://forum.mflenses.com/tokina-17mm-3-5-rmc-first-impressions-samples-added-t5108.html ) , on Sunday morning I had a wander around Faversham with the lens trying to see what something this wide could do:

All at f8.

On the creek front, playing with angles:

Abbey Street, trying to get a shot of the beautiful houses whilst avoiding the eyesore of the continuous row of parked cars:

St Mary's Church - even with 17mm I had to tilt up a little and apply perspective control - the spire is pretty tall! :

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have to call my friends that we want to come again this year Very Happy . I love the atmosphere so much, thanks for sharing!

Michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice images Smile that tokina seems to be wide enough without introducing too much distortion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the composition of #1, very effective!
I know what you mean about avoiding the ugly parts of a landscapre, that's the main problem for the photographer of today. The ugliness marches against us in giant steps.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These shots reconfirm my first impression of this lens that you have shown us with your test shots.

I think it is not only a "usable" lens, it is a really good one. And you have used it well!

I like both, your shots and the subjects!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice place Richard!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Richard. The lens is behaving in a very nice way and you are taking best advantage of what it is offering. Cant wait to get over there.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 and #2 for me. Very Happy

I'm curious about the "protruding room" in #1. Is that common or just a special case?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am not mistaken that is an old "net shop". The fishermen would hang the net from up there to check and repair it. You will see these buildings all along the english coast. Most have now been converted of course - worth so much more as condos/flats.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks.

The building in shot 1 was formerly a warehouse (up until the 70's the creek was still used for commercial traffic (barges)). I think it was for grain or animal feed - there would have been a pully hanging from it to haul up sacks to the top. It's now a restaurant and appartment block.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice place, good captures!