Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

going local with a summicron-c 40/2 on my gxr
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: going local with a summicron-c 40/2 on my gxr Reply with quote

boy i am loving this camera! having done comparisons ad nauseum, i honestly believe the gxr is the best IQ mirrorless solution for m39/m mount lenses, even though its only 12mp vs many others at 16 or more. and also, for the first time (apart from finding a good extreme tele solution) i am totally happy with my digital and film gear. it took over two years, and many combinations, but with the gxr and x100 on the digi side, and bessa T and xpan on the film side (plus a couple other 'fun' pieces), i feel ive not only got all my bases covered, but i;m getting the kind of IQ in all settings that i used to fantasize about.

yesterday i took out the tiny summicron c 40/2 to accompany my wife and i to an afternoon at a picturesque nearby town for some street shots, and the winding down of fall. most know my opinion by now of this amazing lens--its my favorite 'normal' that ive ever used. below some shots on very dark day. comments solicited!
tony

#7 100% crop

Last edited by rbelyell on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series overall, I like especially autumn colors of tree and first portrait from your wife. Do you know Stargate Atlantis and Farscape sci-fi your wife remind me to main actress , Vala Mal Doran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vala_Mal_Doran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great combination, I especially like the colours of #3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series, samples look promising and the summicron show his power in #2#3#4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is spectacular, I'm loving it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much like #3 & #5. Does the 100% refer to #6 or to #7 ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone, i really appreciate your comments! i'm so happy shooting my gear now i think i'm actually doing better work, maybe! Laughing

attila: no, i hadnt known of this actress, but i'm hiring my wife a movie agent!

pontus, poilu and orio: thank you, 3 seems to be a hit. my wife thought so as well. i was partial to 4&6, but now that i look again, i think 3&7 really show the character of the lens best.

john: the 100% crop is 7; #6 was about 50%. #5 looks exactly as it did in person, the cam/lens captured it absolutely 100% accurately, which i thought was very cool and seldom ever happens with water shots, in my experience.
tony