Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

full frame versus square: which is best?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: full frame versus square: which is best? Reply with quote

Hexanon 47/1.9, Konica S III, Kodak Gold 200, drugstore processing/scanning to CD, minor PP by me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, I vote square. While at it (and subtly steering you towards the Koni Omega) try a 6x7 crop Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea to crop part of the dark bottom but I would have preserved more of the sky above.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a 6x7-ish version:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about square like this? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks good, too, Berra, mighty good ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there is the horizontal version with focus at infinity, shot immediately before or after the original vertical version, PP'd by me:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did 2 steps back, you´d have trees on the horizon non-cropped. For me it´s beginner´s mistake and it doesn´t look good at all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am no beginner, and a tree or shrub or weed is going to get cropped whether the viewpoint is moved up or back. But hey, it's all good ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the original question I prefer the square one, there is little or no detail of interest in the bottom part. The crop makes thus the composition more "focused" on what matters. The horizontal version is good as it is, I mean straight out of the camera. By the way beautiful place.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Marty. Yes, we are blessed to live in such a beautiful place ...