Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fugue
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Fugue Reply with quote

This composition made me think of the musical form known as "Fugue".

Leitz Elmarit-R 90 on the 5D.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio 3D Smile very nice pic!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

counterpointed repeating phrase of music for those that have not heard of the term before nice pic Orio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue
I wonder if I still need that elmarit.... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:

I wonder if I still need that elmarit.... Laughing

I tried many lenses on the oleander these days and the Elmarit is the one with the most faithful colour rendition.
When by colour I not only mean the hue but also the right amount of contrast, which is the thing that really makes the difference between lenses.
All other lenses I tried required processing work to bring the tonal range of the flowers into where it is supposed to be. The Elmarit puts it exactly there.
Another thing I like much is the "? plat" bokeh -a terminology I would like to launch as opposed to highlight bokeh- meaning blur in large flat non contrasted areas, the bricks behind the flowers display an incredible "organicity".

These are the two factors that impress me the most with this image.
For other thing like dimensionality, Zeiss is the winner for me - the Leica images look flat compared to Zeiss and this one is no exception.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I tried many lenses on the oleander
what is that? the flower or a camera body?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
Quote:
I tried many lenses on the oleander
what is that? the flower or a camera body?

Sorry, I mean that I have tried many lenses with the oleander as the subject.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha, I thought its was some long forgotten camera body, The Oleander FX3 or something!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
ha ha, I thought its was some long forgotten camera body, The Oleander FX3 or something!

A poisonous camera!! It kills the incautious robber! Cool Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! The combination of a classical piece of music and photography is seldom seen. What an interesting and sophisticated thought!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Wow! The combination of a classical piece of music and photography is seldom seen. What an interesting and sophisticated thought!

Depends on your taste, but for me Baroque fugues don't seem to fit with the nature of this plant being extremely beautiful but also deadly poisonous. The stories of the Lorelei maiden luring sailors to their death, or the beautiful icy princess in Puccini's Turandot come immediately to my mind, I'm sure there are better examples. So, for music to accompany this beautiful picture my choice would be perhaps either the waltz Lorelei Rhine Klange or the aria Nessun Dorma.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

Depends on your taste, but for me Baroque fugues don't seem to fit with the nature of this plant

I'd like to point out that my association was merely of visual nature.