Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[FS] Carl Zeiss ZF line new condition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: [FS] Carl Zeiss ZF line new condition Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm selling the line of Carl Zeiss ZF lenses :

Click on the links to go to the french board I put them for sale.

Distagon T* 18 mm f/3,5

Distagon T* 21 mm f/2,8 : SOLD

Distagon T* 25 mm f/2,8

Distagon T* 28 mm f/2

Distagon T* 35 mm f/2

Planar T* 50 mm f/1,4 : Reserved

Planar T* 85 mm f/1,4

Makro-Planar T* 50 mm f/2

Makro-Planar T* 100 mm f/2

They are new condition, but they have been registered in the Zeiss database.
They are on warranty until end 2011 or Beginning 2012

I put them for sale on a French Forum before Ebay

Last edited by xoxixox on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:47 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to know how much you are asking for the lenses? Oui je parle et lit francais mais vous n'avez pas un prix pour le Planar...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Would it be possible to know how much you are asking for the lenses? Oui je parle et lit francais mais vous n'avez pas un prix pour le Planar...

Hello, thanks for the interest, I will put on sale the other lenses today.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder why someone would just sell off all these highly acclaimed lenses after just that short period of use ....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I just wonder why someone would just sell off all these highly acclaimed lenses after just that short period of use ....

Because I have also the ZF2 models so ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links updated and the 21mm is reserved for a member of the french Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much for the 50?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xoxixox wrote:

In that case, we forgive you Laughing

Much better reason than "have to downsize bag to finance wedding ring"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
xoxixox wrote:

In that case, we forgive you Laughing

Much better reason than "have to downsize bag to finance wedding ring"

Oi! Rings are expensive Crying or Very sad Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Oi! Rings are expensive Crying or Very sad Wink

Yes, the main reason I am not married (yet) Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

Yes, the main reason I am not married (yet) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lucky man Laughing Laughing

When my wife (despite the rings she has) ((And the shoes, and the bags, and the dresses .........)) see some of my lenses laying around, she said that I'm insane Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a20010494 wrote:
how much for the 50?

The Planar T* 50 mm f/1,4 450,00€
and the Makro-Planar T* 50 mm f/2 810,00€
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, not really wanting to disappoint here, but, at Robert White's I can buy a Planar 1.4/50 for 600 Euros
Which is brand new, newer model ZF.2, and coming with a full 2 years guarantee that can have my own name on it.
Isn't 450 € a bit too much for a used ZF ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
OK, not really wanting to disappoint here, but, at Robert White's I can buy a Planar 1.4/50 for 600 Euros
Which is brand new, newer model ZF.2, and coming with a full 2 years guarantee that can have my own name on it.

They are not "Used" they are "New", I open the box, registered the lenses to the Zeiss database to have 3 years warranty, test the lens a couple of picture and that's all. And between 600 and 450 there is a bit of money ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xoxixox wrote:
Orio wrote:

They are not "Used" they are "New", I open the box, registered the lenses to the Zeiss database to have 3 years warranty, test the lens a couple of picture and that's all. And between 600 and 450 there is a bit of money ?

Sorry, just trying to understand: so, you bought the full set of ZF lenses (all the lenses), for what is a considerable investment of approximately 9500 Euros.

According to the guarantees lenght and expiration dates that you provided - end of 2011 to beginning of 2012 - the licenses must have been activated end of 2008 to beginning of 2009.
Since we are now entering September 2010, that makes 20 months.

So, getting back to your words, you did:

Quote:
open the box, registered the lenses to the Zeiss database to have 3 years warranty, test the lens a couple of picture and that's all

Just that, over 20 months?
With the new and expensive lenses quickly tested and then staying in their boxes wasting their guarantees for all that time?
And what's the point of spending 9500 Euros for doing only that? It's a lot of money, and wasted guarantees, for what is basically zero use.
It also seems strange to me that a person who is committed enough to buy a full set of 9 lenses, does not really use them at all,
and after 20 months of no use, feels the need to spend a lot of money again to get a duplicate of the same, never used set, in it's new version.

Sorry, I fail to see any reason or logical pattern in that. I make questions because as administrator of this forum, I monitor the sales that happen here,
and on behalf of our members, I like to verify that everything is clear in the offers presented here to the eyes of our members who wish to buy.
Thanks for understanding,

Orio
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the part about chunking out 10 kEUR on a lens line, my bag cost me considerably more Laughing

I do understand why you want to upgrade to ZF.2 with chip and aperture control from body (my SL II Voigtländer 58/1.4 allows quicker bracketing in situations which don't allow the set aperture and shoot approach.

Not many brushes I think are outside "normal" photographic equipment, the Zeiss lens line however is one of them IMO. I would judge buying them to be somewhere in between tools for a job and art on your wall - you need not use them to enjoy. Kind of like buying a very fine hand-crafted shotgun like Flodman.

GAS, gear fetishism, excess money - whatever. I hope the new owners of these lenses put them into use so that others can enjoy the photos made with them. Sadly I cannot commit to buy the Distagon 35/2 although I am VERY tempted - I need my money to mortgage the small loan I acquired during the financial recession (which *knock* *knock* hopefully is over).

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Sorry, just trying to understand: so, you bought the full set of ZF lenses (all the lenses), for what is a considerable investment of approximately 9500 Euros.

YES
Orio wrote:
According to the guarantees lenght and expiration dates that you provided - end of 2011 to beginning of 2012 - the licenses must have been activated end of 2008 to beginning of 2009.
Since we are now entering September 2010, that makes 20 months.

YES
Orio wrote:
So, getting back to your words, you did:

Quote:
open the box, registered the lenses to the Zeiss database to have 3 years warranty, test the lens a couple of picture and that's all

Just that, over 20 months?
With the new and expensive lenses quickly tested and then staying in their boxes wasting their guarantees for all that time?

YES

Orio wrote:
And what's the point of spending 9500 Euros for doing only that? It's a lot of money, and wasted guarantees, for what is basically zero use.

It also seems strange to me that a person who is committed enough to buy a full set of 9 lenses, does not really use them at all,
and after 20 months of no use, feels the need to spend a lot of money again to get a duplicate of the same, never used set, in it's new version.

This is your opinion ! it's completely out of subject, Orio, I respect you like Admin, but I do what I want with my money, People all around the world do thinks like that
some of them spend Millions dollars for a watch they put in a safe, other for a diamond ring others for a car they never use, maybe you spend hundred dollars or euro for sunglasses you put once !! or maybe your wife bought a red dress she never wear !!
Thanks to people like that, the second hand market is full of opportunities.
Here with my Zeiss sale, people have the chance to get them "as new" for a good price, and if the buyer want to make a paperweight with one of them of make the best picture in the world, it's not my business, nor yours!

Orio wrote:
Sorry, I fail to see any reason or logical pattern in that.

I make questions because as administrator of this forum, I monitor the sales that happen here,
and on behalf of our members, I like to verify that everything is clear in the offers presented here to the eyes of our members who wish to buy.
Thanks for understanding,

Well, as an Admin, you have to take care of what happen on the Marketplace forum.
So, I'm a member of this forum, I already bought here from others members, I have lenses for sale, They are as new, under warranty, bought in France in a well none shop

What is the problem ???
It's because I put 9 lenses for sale at the same time, or because I never use them, or because it's represent a lot of money ???

I could have bring them back to the shop when I bought the ZF2 line, but I prefer to sell them on the forums I like, to give opportunity to other members,; that's my fault maybe

[[[ Now (I'm talking to the Admin) this is a little explanation :
I bought the ZF line, because I love the manual focus lenses, all in metal, very well made... I have also some voigtlander, Leica, and so on.
I use my lenses, for my pleasure, it is not my regular business.
I have also a lot of modern stuff, AF lenses. I use them to take picture with family and so, "Quick pictures" I can call them.
I start taking picture in the 70's I used Canon, Minolta, Nikon, Vivitar film camera, and now Nikon, Canon, Sony DSLR
When I bought the ZF lenses it was with the thought to use them, (I try to use all my stuff) but I did not get time, and the ZF2 line came to the market. As I was interested by the electronic chip, (more easy to use) I decided to sell the ZF line and Buy the ZF2 one. An I will use them, unless Zeiss put on the market next month the ZF3 line ]]]

Cheers Wink

Last edited by xoxixox on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius
Just wait for the new 35/1.4 with floating element they are going to put on the market Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xoxixox wrote:
Esox lucius
Just wait for the new 35/1.4 with floating element they are going to put on the market Wink

I'm well equipped with fast (f/1.4) wides at the moment, my main interest in the Distagon 35/2 is the fingerprint and excellent 3D I have witnessed in photos taken with it. Doesn't mean I'm not interested in the to be announced tomorrow Distagon 35/1.4 ZF.2 Cool but I have to be realistic and balance a budget.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
my main interest in the Distagon 35/2 is the fingerprint and excellent 3D I have witnessed in photos taken with it.

So buy mine Wink
630 Eur "MINT" "NEW" condition

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up !