Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first walk with Samyang 14:2.8 on 5DII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks !

Didier wrote:
The one under the arch with the guy photograping his friend, do you have a larger frame including the right of the arch ?

here it is

on this one, you can realize the width of those arch Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks poilu Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adjust the infinity with those instructions http://www.photo-worx.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=
it is a shame that all samyang 14mm are not calibrated but hopefully we can do it ourself
for those who don't understand German (like me), this is what I do
- remove the rubber, it is elastic but take your time
- set lens at f2.8 and adjust infinity on borders (with liveview), you will be little more than 2m on the scale
- unscrew the 3 screw marked '1' by 2 or 3 turns
- with a screwdriver move the inside barrel '2' until the max (infinity stop) without moving the exterior so you stay at 2m on the scale
- screw back the 3 screws
- now the infinite is at max but the scale is at 2m instead of infinite, you have to remove the scotch '3', move the scale to infinite and put scotch back
- put the rubber back

I had problem to set the scale at infinite, even after removing the scotch it was like glued, but after playing up down, right left, it moved freely and I could put it to the right place

here is a small test I did today, all wide open at the new infinite, it was midday and light is harsh but as you can see it work like hyperfocal at f2.8
why f2.8, because if it is good at f2.8 it will be good for all stops, if you test at f8 maybe infinite is not right but dof make the pic in focus
no distortion correction, all wide open at infinite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me, again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool shots, now i can certainly see the wide side Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!

some more all wide open, not focused, just set at infinity

100% crop, you can see the eyelashes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wide open at infinite, no distortion correction

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote