Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Excavator
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Excavator Reply with quote

Stitched together from about 16 images. Converted to monochrome in Photoshop. The background and setting are 100% out of my control. The native file size is 9490X6887. If I could have set this photo up, I would have moved that box on the right side out of the frame. The other excavator in back would be gone, too. The dude in the middle, also gone. I'm ticked that my middle image is blurry because of him. The camera picked up on his movement and image stabilized to him instead of the background. That all said, what else could I have done to improve this shot?

For a 2048-pixel-wide version, follow this link:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7370991312_3c8b8e9b09_k.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny, i just like the guy in the middle - it is the only sign of life in that picture, excavator doors open, cabins empty, no movement except him. If you want to show high noon break on the site it is a great picture, showing the excavator, some life is important and i would try to get the bucket more in the center - unfortunately the later installed clamshell at the dipper stick is disturbing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Excavator Reply with quote

David wrote:
That all said, what else could I have done to improve this shot?

I like the shot, and I don't find the other elements disturbing, they are part of the logical environment.
My suggestion for improvement is something that you have probably already realized on your own: when making stitched pictures,
ALL kind of automations must be turned off (autofocus, auto exposure, auto white balance, auto fill light, and image stabilization too)