Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Examples from First Roll - Makro Planar 120/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Examples from First Roll - Makro Planar 120/4 Reply with quote

Took me a while to get back to this incomplete post; sometimes we actually have to work! Evil or Very Mad

I am gratified that, for the first time in a long time, I've had what I would call multiple "keepers" from a roll of 120. You know how it is...sometimes the whole roll goes into the trash.

These are not really for critique, although I would enjoy comments on how you perceive the quality of the lens (web doesn't show "real life" qualities, of course).

I think the Makro Planar is goingn to be a great tool; I'll never come up to the quality of the lens itself. And that's a good thing. Smile

Spring is EXPLODING in this corner of the world. All the plants are so robust and FRESH this time of year.

More to come soon.

Twisted Stalk crop.
Straight out of the camera, no alterations.

Twisted Stalk full image.
Very minimal Unsharp Mask at 24/1/0.
Bokeh is very good to excellent - the vertical stem in background was very strong at the location, so the bokeh smoothed it out nicely.
Highlights on water drops are natural and show no fringing.

Geese Crop
Straight out of the camera, no alterations
Good quality for non-macro shots.

Geese Full Image
Minimal Unsharp Mask at 35/1/0; I don't feel that sharpening was completely necessary (!).

Last edited by Laurence on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I momentarily had to drop the camera down to catch my breath
Laughing cant wait to see it Larry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea yeah !!! This is too dramatic !! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and cruel, leaving us hanging like this Confused

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laurence!
All the kids are waiting Laughing
but you already say the more important
- tactile feeling
- auto-focus-pilot
- image simply blasting itself into sharp focus

that's the definition of a good lens!
just remember it's impossible to show quality of such lens on a small web sample