Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dynamic Range
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Dynamic Range Reply with quote

Another photo taken yesterday afternoon which I am pleased with as the Pentax has capture plenty of detail in shadows and highlights. I am 100% that reviews / testers can be ignored when it comes to tests like this because.- Most of the time they use JPEG with default camera settings or if they do it properly with a RAW file who knows if they they know what they are doing. In fact most testers who do use a RAW file do state they used a default setting which isn't much different from doing it with the camera JPEG.
Zenitar 16mm at f5.6 corrected in PT lens. RAW.

Does a falling tree make a noise if there is nobody there to hear it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a result! I see another Pentax freak!

I think i go for a zenitar, I have seen so many good things from it!

Guido

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Range Reply with quote

Very nice pic!

Rob Leslie wrote:
...Zenitar 16mm at f5.6 corrected in PT lens. RAW.

I see you use PTlens. Did you buy it or did you get the free licence.
Somehow, I seem to be too stupid to get it working.
Is there a special thing I have to consider?

Rob Leslie wrote:
Does a falling tree make a noise if there is nobody there to hear it?

That's a really philosophical question. Many theories have been discussed here!
I would say, it is a matter of definition. How do you define the meaning of "noise"?
Is it
a) air that is condensed in waves then: yes, there is a "noise", since the waves are produce by the falling tree.
b) the manifestation in a human brain of condensed air waves recorded by the internal hearing organs, then: no, there is no "noise", since there is nothing that can translate the air-waves into a "noise".

That's my view on that. Wink

Carsten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Range Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

That's a really philosophical question. Many theories have been discussed here!
I would say, it is a matter of definition. How do you define the meaning of "noise"?
Is it
a) air that is condensed in waves then: yes, there is a "noise", since the waves are produce by the falling tree.
b) the manifestation in a human brain of condensed air waves recorded by the internal hearing organs, then: no, there is no "noise", since there is nothing that can translate the air-waves into a "noise".
That's my view on that. Wink
Carsten

There is also a third option conceived in the 20th century: there is no noise if there is no TV coverage of it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, Orio! Very Happy