Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Distagon 25/1,4 and a Distagon 18/2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum Rob.
You may want to contact Zeiss to see if they are interested in a loan to take them on tour or put them on display at a photo expo.

I would use them once a month to keep them in healthy condition and prevent the lube from drying out, but I would never take them everywhere I go, they are way too rare for that.

Looking forward to seeing your shots.
J

yes on tour to get stolen, destroyed or damaged. certainly WILL NEVER HAPPEN. zeiss is not stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco cavina wrote:
Thank you for the warm welcome! Several years ago I had some interesting conversations about the Distagon 1,4/25 with a friend of mine wo had been employed at the Oberkochen Plant and was in touch with Woeltche and Schuster; he said that Herr Glatzel, may his soul be in God's glory, in the project parameters which had been granted, had obtained to manage a maximum of 10 lenses with the use of two aspherical surfaces, and that he was able to negoziate the lenses number, increased to 13 elements, in excange for giving up one of the two aspherical elements, at time already difficult to realize at Zeiss, and so he did; I never shared this detail before.

Oberkochen folks whisper that the lens didn't reach the production stage mostly due to it's bulk (more or less 1kg, I was told), unsuitable, uncording to the management, for fast reportage actions... Of course several Canon users take advantage of fast lenses of the same weight class (50/1,0 L, 85/1,2 L) without complaining too much about what, but this is it.

For testing the lens(es), I guess that the classic EOS 5D mkII - mkIII + adapter (maybe mounting the lens with the mirror up + live-view already on, to avoid the risk of a mirror collision with the rear elements) should be the easiest way.

Best regards,

Marco

i have FOUR DSLRExchange(exotic C/Y-EOS adapter with screws) for focus-clearing FF-EOS-DSRLs. infinity not reached. i dont yet have FF. will use the for macro. most screws are lacking will buy. and they are not for sale. will add dandelion FC-chip-
i am still waiting to see the lenses here. i have a list of prototypes. image and text-image. most exotic is a 4/18 shift lens for cine. the other ones here and 3.5/25 apo-pc-distagon not listed. 2.8/35 pc-distagon autodiphragm.listed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:

BJP 1 February 1980

Gerald wrote:
cyrano wrote:
Absolutely mad designs Gerald, where did you find those?

"New Developments and Trends in Photographic Optics at Zeiss" by Walter Woltche, Head of Mathematics Department, Photo Optics Division, Carl Zeiss Oberkochen - British Journal of Photography Feb. 1 1980

Sorry for the bump, but I've looked at this copy of this article (in monochrome B&W) many times before, but I can't seem to recall which website hosted it - anyone got a copy they could upload? The one time I need it... lol.

EDIT: I am pretty sure it didn't look like the British Journal of Photography one, which you can see a snippet of here https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/The_British_Journal_of_Photography/rV1WAAAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=zeiss+%22f/0.7%22&dq=zeiss+%22f/0.7%22&printsec=frontcover

Still - someone out there might have the copy I'm talking about! And I do know it's on archive.org, but I'm still looking for the copy found on Google search.