Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Distagon 1.4/35 skyrocketed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Distagon 1.4/35 skyrocketed Reply with quote

I am impressed by the raising quotations of this lens.
When I started buying my first Contax lenses, now almost 4 years ago, the Distagon 1.4/35 was for sale almost everywhere, with prices oscillating between 300 and 400 Euros for mint condition copies.
Now, after not having seen one entering Ebay for weeks if not even months, I took a look at Keh, and found two of them, for sale at more than double the price I bought my copies for.
Now I see it pays to have been an early believer. I have three copies of this lens (because it's my absolute favourite lens and I wanted spares). All mint. Should I decide to sell them now, I would easily triplicate my investment!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 years ago we didn't have excellent full frame cameras on acceptable price. Now we have it , surely best lenses prices increased every full frame owner want to have them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i advice you to sell one of them to me for 200€ Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:
i advice you to sell one of them to me for 200€ Laughing

I may do, the day I will stop photographing Wink
But then, maybe in the meantime I'll find out that God allows use of reflex cameras in Paradise, and then I might want to take them with me!! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio
Spoken like a true believer Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rumor says Zeiss is making a new Distagon 1.4/35 ZF with a floating
element just like C/Y Distagon 1,4/35.

Before they announce their new lens, you should sell one or two. Very Happy

I acutally saw Erwin Puts article about M9 review, which mentions new
Distagon 1,4/35 with D3X images comparing M8 and M9 with Leica 1,4/35
ASPH images. His article has been edited out the lines mentioned new
Distagon. Confused

I bought C/Y 1,4/35 this year at 52,000 Yen, which is not bad since it had
damaged filter ring but (kyocera) factory checked.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have heard that too about the ZF 1.4/35mm, so Orio, you better sell
soon, the prices will soon drop for that "old outdated stuff" you have Wink Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I see price around 120 euros next year, better hurry before too late
I offer you 200 for one of your copies Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one of those just to put on my camera and see what all the fuss is about. Interestingly, other first grade lenses in this range (Summicron R, Distagon 35/2.8, Canon 35/1.4) did not go up in price significantly. I guess that's because there is larger supply of them on the market. Another reason, I honestly believe, is this very forum and discussions about Zeiss 35/1.4. I've noticed that once some lens gets a glowing review here, worldwide prices for it go up a notch Smile Congrats guys - you are shaping the world market! I wish we could do this with the prices of oil, hehe - could make a fortune on futures Wink