Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Daughter with Spottie/Auto-Tak 55/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Daughter with Spottie/Auto-Tak 55/1.8 Reply with quote

Our daughter announced the Spotmatic SP1000 is hers now, a couple of weeks ago. I showed her how to meter and she hasn't made a badly exposed one since.

These are from Manhattan, with a Auto-Takumar 55/1.8 lens that is 30 years older than she is. Oh, and she only shoots B&W film -Ilford XP2 in this case. Smile yeah, I'm proud even if I lost a Spottie.

[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice start (is it a start?)

It must be really fun to pass the torch down so to speak.
I'm excited to spend some time with my niece doing the same.
It is great to see some enthusiasm for film and B+W in particular from the next generation of photographers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your daughter has a very good photographic eye !!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great results! great eye!
this make me want to fill my cam with some b&w

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am jealous, she has a much better eye than I do!

If that was my child, you would not be able to get the smile off my face Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be very proud. That is a great eye. Now you and Attila are both in the position of passing the torch. I recently gave my Oly 300 to my son-in-law with a standard 20-42AF zoom on it, with the hope that we would get more pictures of our new grandson. My daughter is now complaining that he "is just like Dad - shooting everything in sight" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful in every way! So nice that you have passed this equipment on to your daughter! She will gain a lot by using and loving the "old" equipment. She is ALREADY showing great talent!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, yes I'm extremely proud. I think she's able to hold the camera more still than I can... She went to a three week photo camp this summer in Brooklyn NY, where she learned to shoot and develop B&W, as well as lighting techniques etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's perfect!!
very professional!

you can leave your photo gear for her and have a time for another things Smile

no, I am kidding .. Smile

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if TF is kidding or not, but these are some great shots, Nesster! Looks like the daughter will be able to develop your BW stuff from now on. Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I dunno if TF is kidding or not, but these are some great shots, Nesster! Looks like the daughter will be able to develop your BW stuff from now on. Wink

Bill

Smile u-no that i'm not kidding Smile --

-------------------------

but this is a serious statement:
that's perfect!! very professional!

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:

Smile u-no that i'm not kidding Smile --

tf

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read this thread now, it makes by a young talent Shocked Congrats!!