Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CY Zeiss 50mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: CY Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Reply with quote

I love this lens. These are some pictures I took over the summer that I have entered in a competition on Sunday comments and criticisms welcomed

"Look"
bigger

"Yellow and blue"
bigger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portrait is a really good one , flowers are too busy to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Atilla, I need to work on my flower images, I love the blur, contrast and saturation with this picture, This has no PP on it!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob
Very good portrait and very nice flower shot
This lens is one of my best, I like it a lot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous portrait Bob. Agree with Attila on "busy" flowers - suggest closer cropping ( with feet). Colours are beautiful.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the portrait, Bob. You son looks tired, but your image has character and a strenght, not the usual molassa-sweet kid portrait.
Bravo.
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he he, I was the tired one!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An exceptionally good child portrait.

I have mixed views on the flower shot - It's very arresting, great contrasts but I agree with Atilla it is a little busy - I tried using my browser window to 'crop' it and a square crop seemed to work better. Have a play with cropping the bottom out, but also try cropping the top and going for a centre crop, all give different but good results to y eyes.