Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Could anyone show me the photo from soft focus lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Could anyone show me the photo from soft focus lens? Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'd like to see the photo from soft focus lens like Foji ebc 85mm, Canon 135mm f2.8 soft focus, Pentax RB67 200mm soft focus etc.,

I'd like to know it's different from filter soft focus or blur function in Photoshop.

Thanks in advance. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see only acceptable soft focus pictures from Abbaz , taken with Tamron SP 150mm and he made superb images with projector lens.

I used Fuji 85mm , result was unacceptable crap, you can find also here in Forum Gallery.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Could anyone show me the photo from soft focus lens? Reply with quote

KhanX wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'd like to see the photo from soft focus lens like Foji ebc 85mm, Canon 135mm f2.8 soft focus, Pentax RB67 200mm soft focus etc.,

I'd like to know it's different from filter soft focus or blur function in Photoshop.

Thanks in advance. Laughing

Hi,
for soft focus experience it's vital to visit great Viejo Vilva site...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Could anyone show me the photo from soft focus lens? Reply with quote

wariag wrote:
...for soft focus experience it's vital to visit great Viejo Vilva site...

Taking a clue from his site and help from Viejo, I made a lens with "Meniscus Achromat Vest Pocket Kodak" camera lens. The lens is 2-element single group, which I mounted in broken M42 mount 135mm lens. It sits at the place where aperture used to be... so most of the lens acts as nice hood.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listed several here, search for "Kenko Soft Focus"...

http://forum.mflenses.com/kenko-2-8-85mm-soft-focus-t10626,highlight,kenko.html

If you like, I have a second Kenko Soft MC 2.5/85mm here...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the Samopal SF 85/2.3 (approximately) lens. Full opening. However the soft essect is rather on the hard side.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot!

Never heard of that lens! Which mount does it have? Do you have a picture of it to show here?