Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kenko 2.8/85mm Soft Focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Kenko 2.8/85mm Soft Focus Reply with quote

Found a Kenko 2.8/85mm soft focus lens w. Nikon mount (T-mount attached to it) in Japan.

Here some first results, first my typical test subject to see how the lens performs (D200, manual exp., handheld, all images just resized):

f8 (max stepped down)

f5.6

f4-5.6

f4

f2.8

and now sth more "artsy"

f8

f5.6

f4-5.6

f4

f2.8-4

f2.8

Actually I like it and the "softness" can be controlled quite fine using the aperture. Ideally would be not to change the exposure and the DOF, but not with that lens design.

And it can be quite sharp to, which I usually test using my "other test subject":

f4

f8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus
You have the most eclectic collection - what a strange lens. Love the last shot - I have same cat called "flathead" Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Soft Focus Lens Reply with quote

Klaus,

I've got the Pentax 85mm 2.2 SF lens. Glancing at your pictures I was thinking the lenses would look just alike, but they weren't even close. The Pentax goes from f 2.2 to 5.6 and seems to be much, much smaller. The photos they generate, however, are very similar.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a fun effect, and I just love the bit of roof you used, it really goes with the lens Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fine control - looks a very good performer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

I'm surprised that I think I like it.
Like a lens from a 1970's Playboy shoot!

Does Kenko mame their own lenses?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenko AFAIK is part of the Tokina-Hoya-Kenko concern, which incidentally now owns Pentax.....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI:

I found another one of these Kenko Soft Focus lenses and was able to buy it. If interested, do drop me a note...

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, uh, look at that Click here to see on Ebay, our friend has also one...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Klaus
Send me a PM about the Digittssss Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First shot is yours Andy!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few autumn shots capturing the maybe last sun rays...

..and finally a little "Monet" style...