Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Columbus Streets at Night"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: "Columbus Streets at Night" Reply with quote

Few night back, I took EOS 350D with Meniscus Achromat Vest Pocket Kodak camera lens for night (city street lights) photography. And I intentionally focussed to the minimum distance (or can say even less than that, as lens is mounted on broken 135mm lens assembly, I have lot of flexibility to play around). The reason, I just like the way this lens blurs the light sources.
As I didnt use tripod (at night), I try to capture only the strong light sources, can say either street lights (esp Red) or neon/strong (light) signs.

More on abstract side, nothing like "L" lens "sharp" results.. Wink

(You can go to full size pics by clicking on the posted pictures, at flickr)

Dispatch (newspaper)

Restaurant

Gold Gym

Car on Green Light

Downtown Street

Benz Showroom

Eventual aim to come up 2-3 clean pics like these for printout.. (for framing). Finalized this lens for that purpose... pics, not yet..

Thanks for viewing...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I like "Restaurant! Very Happy
Isn't there a way to clean the edge of the lens? The dirt in the last two pictures is quite annoying. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Hey, I like "Restaurant! Very Happy
Isn't there a way to clean the edge of the lens? The dirt in the last two pictures is quite annoying. Confused

Thanks...
I was thinking on your lines (about cleaning), but seems like either its an issue with cement or may even be internal, but micro level, cracks in glass.. or may even be the optical phenomenon because of the un-corrected glass. But I am not seeing any dust, but I will give one more try (cleaning)...

Veijo views will be appreciated, whether he has seen this.. or what may be reason here..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see your idea. Nice.
But I also looked at once at the highlight edges. Hopefully there is some cleaning possible. I'll cross my fingers for you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Really cool!

Yes, pretty cool and interesting effects!
Best regards,
Jes.