Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinonflex 100mm f/2.8 in M42-mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Chinonflex 100mm f/2.8 in M42-mount? Reply with quote

Anyone know if it's a good lens? I just got it with some other Pentax stuff. It's pretty compact and feels very good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Chinon lenses are above average I am pretty sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be a tomioka lens. I saw a pair of tomioka chinon 2,8/100 in M42 mount.

Can be a very good lens.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one. It is very sharp. Sold it to a friend. It's a nice lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aykman wrote:
[...]

Against all myths with Tomioka, Leica, Takumar.....its a good lens. [...]

I would say that the lens is made from the same manufacturer which built some lenses for Hanimex and Beroflex in the late 70s and early 80s because i had several lenses with very similar case design. [...]

+1

And it's one of the best lenses sold by PORST btw....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have had a few Chinon lenses, and i was never disappointed.

Quality is very good, and prices are very low!

... if you don't want it ... send me a pm Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received my Pentor 100mm F2.8, which appears to be the very same lens as the Chinonflex and the Porst:

Any ideas about the maker? I don't think it's a Tomioka, as the Tomioka variant I have seen had a focusing helicoid that turned in the opposite direction.

It's a good lens; very sharp already wide open:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also seen this branded as Hanimex. Mine was sharp too but suffered lowish contrast. Had a nice blue coating!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting; I have not encountered lowish contrast. But maybe that'll change when I use it outside tomorrow. Did you use a hood?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Interesting; I have not encountered lowish contrast. But maybe that'll change when I use it outside tomorrow. Did you use a hood?

Nope. Hoods are for wusses Wink

I have Hanimex's older version of this lens...it's actually a 105/2.8 but with the same minimum focusing distance. This one is made by Tokina and has a serial begging with H.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

I have Hanimex's older version of this lens...it's actually a 105/2.8 but with the same minimum focusing distance. This one is made by Tokina and has a serial begging with H.

Interestng! Don't laugh, but I made the product shots of the Pentor lens with a... Hanimar Tele-Lens 105mm F2.8. With a serial number beginning with... H! It's a T-mount lens by the way. But it's not the same lens; the differences are too big. The MFD is the same though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Interestng! Don't laugh, but I made the product shots of the Pentor lens with a... Hanimar Tele-Lens 105mm F2.8. With a serial number beginning with... H! It's a T-mount lens by the way. But it's not the same lens; the differences are too big. The MFD is the same though.

Ahh. I'll let that idea go then Laughing It will be interesting to see how your 100mm performs outdoors, please keep us posted Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course!

In the meantime here's an interesting photostream made with the Porst 100/2.8 (and I believe Praktinafan is a MFlenses member too):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/praktinafan/sets/72157625736442408/with/5345960771/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinon did actually make things so this is may one of their own?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Chinon did actually make things so this is may one of their own?

I think PBFacts disputed this recently. Can't find the thread though!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few not too serious samples made with the Pentor 100mm lens:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one with Soligor badge. The focus ring turns into opposite direction and it has a build-in hood but still it seems to be the same lens. According to this forum common effort to identify the Soligor serial numbers it is Sun made lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's remarkable how sharp the Pentor is, wide open! No softness at all, but razor sharp in the plane of focus. No low contrast either. In the viewfinder, the subject just snaps into focus. I consider this a sleeper lens!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
It's remarkable how sharp the Pentor is, wide open! No softness at all, but razor sharp in the plane of focus. No low contrast either. In the viewfinder, the subject just snaps into focus. I consider this a sleeper lens!

Wow very sharp! Never heard of Pentor though, at first I thought you made a spelling mistake for Pentax hehe

Time for me to hunt for one of those.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

It's a good lens; very sharp already wide open:

Awesome pics. I am curious about the petri. I have a few petri lenses and they shoot well. What is the story behind petri?

Also, these pics make me tempted to find a way to keep the Vivitar 100 mm f/2.8!!! Wish I could use it, but it is up for grabs.